9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone. I've owned my 2013 Si for about 4 years now and it's hands down the best car I've ever owned. I don't want to get rid of it. I was hoping to keep it until it fell apart, but I have an issue. Winter in NY can be harsh and this car doesn't handle snow well at all. I work in healthcare, so no matter what, I have to make it in to work. From a dead stop, even with new tires, my car just spins if there's even a little snow on the ground. Traction control, starting in 2nd gear, doesn't matter. It's just not a good car in bad weather.

I'm thinking of selling it for a WRX or an STI. I really don't want to, but I need AWD. Is there anything that can be done? I'm told winter tires wouldn't help much. I really hate to think of selling my car, but I don't see any other option. I'm hoping one of has a suggestion? Thanks in advance!
im no expert when it comes to snow. Typically here in Memphis TN we don’t t get snow but just a few weeks ago we had the biggest snow in years. 6 days on the ground starting with a day of freezing rain. I was shocked at how good my 2013 si handled during that whole week. Made some better tires or full on snow tires during your winter months? Good luck. Like you I love my civic and would hate to see you sell yours

·
Registered
207 Posts
Right now, I'm thinking I'll do a downpipe, a tune, an Acuity shifter, 22mm rear swaybar, and the HFP suspension package. From what I'm reading, a cat back, intake, and even an aftermaket intake manifold aren't really worth it.

Any thoughts on this?
I understand the urge to mod your car; I really do.
But if it's your daily driver, I'd strongly caution against it. If you want to keep your car reliable, stay away from anything that isn't OEM or OEM-replacement. Especially when it comes to downpipes, as there are many stories of them cracking/leaking, regardless of the manufacturer.
Suspension upgrades are generally safe, but you were concerned about driving in the snow, and lowering the car will work against you here.
Just my (likely unpopular) 2 cents.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts