9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Mine seemed to have broken in a little bit, but it's not meant to be a loud exhaust. When I called Tanabe for specs before ordering they said it was only like 4 decibels louder than the stock axle back. Just driving around the volume isn't much different but when I get on the gas it's definitely a bit louder and sounds real nice. You tried the injen one before this too though right? Maybe you're still used to hearing how much louder that one is?

Yes I tried the Injen before. I liked the sound from the tail pipe, but the cabin drone was killing me. I was hoping the Tanabe would be midway between the Injen and stock. Overall I'm pleased though. Fitment is excellent and it looks great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I had the Tanabe installed today. Looks fantastic, but it's quieter than I expected. Can't really notice a difference from stock. I'm hoping maybe it will "break in" with time??
Do you have pics? Better being a little too quiet than a little too loud. How is the fitment any rattling this would be something I would be interested in if I didn't already have the Q300.

Do you have pics? Better being a little too quiet than a little too loud. How is the fitment any rattling this would be something I would be interested in if I didn't already have the Q300.
I can take some photos later today. Fitment looks excellent. The guy at the shop said it fit beautifully. No rattling. Sound wise, it sounds stock inside the car. I'm going to have my wife drive it later so I can hear it from the outside.

Ok, so I had my wife rev the engine a bit while I stood behind the car. Definitely louder than stock. Sounds really good. I have yet to hear it under load while I'm not in the car.

I may take off my SRI this weekend for the upcoming hotter months. It will be interesting to see if I can hear the exhaust inside the car without the SRI installed. I think the SRI is probably drowning out any exhaust sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thats so confusing to me, you'd think the coupe would be the same :dry:. Oh well, I guess. So is the injen the only real option I have for an axle back?

I know I'm a little late here but a friend of mine had a 13 Si coupe while I have a 13 Si sedan, and we were able to swap an Injen axle back without an issue. So the coupe and sedan are compatible, can't imagine the Tanabe will be any different. Now a cat back is a incompatible between the two if I remember correctly.

I'm about to pick one up for my 14 coupe. The difference between 12-13 is the exhaust diameter went from 60 mm to 65mm which is what my 14 has. I had a 70mm n1 on for 2 years and my ears would ring constantly. So if you have a 14 or 15 the piping is 5mm smaller on the axel back

It fits the coupe, I wondered the same thing when I ordered it. I had a full custom straight pipe that lasted two weeks until 5-0 got me. It was actually a relief it was decently quiet, but It sounds awesome when its under load. Opens up nicely after 4k RPM and gives a nice growl, I'm tuned on the stock exhaust and haven't retuned with yet. I'm waiting on fuel injectors before I pull the plug but damn this thing is made from some high quality metal. easy install too Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Exhaust system

Reactions: MeeSh
I am looking for an axle back just like that , stainless muffler with tip welded on and no cannon mufflers a stock look just like in your pics .

Let me know where the best prices are for my new 9th gen . Thank You in advance

I bought my Tanabe Axle back off FKXracing.com, I had a custom welded twin straight pipe but I got pulled over only after 2 weeks....******* California and their german nazi(democrats) regime. Only a 50$ fix it ticket so wasn't that bad but this exhaust helped me pass when the cop wrote me off, I never even put the cats back on and he couldn't tell. :p

I have a Tanabe Medalion axle back. With K&N typhoon intake. It sounds like stock to be honest, no difference. But that was expected. I still have my resonators and cats. I don't want it loud, sounds ricey and I'm older now so I hate the sound of loud fart can Hondas. The Medalion is perfect for me, very very quiet, and when you romp on it, you can hear it only from outside, not inside, so it'll sound stock to you. I had my cousin drive it while I was in his car next to him and you can barely hear it but it is there. He couldn't hear a thing from inside the cabin. You the driver hear the intake noise more than the exhaust. People outside will hear the exhaust note more, but NOT loud at all. I'd say about the same as stock. I think Tanabe claims it's only 5db above stock, something like that. It does look beautiful though, good quality axle back. I'm selling my OEM SI axle back off my 2014 with 40k miles.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.