9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my 2012 Si Coupe when I do thicker sway bars so I can have better handling all around. The ideal drop for me is provided with Tein S. tech (no. SKHC0-AUB00), 1.4in drop in the front and 1.2in drop in the rear. Not too low so speed bumps and driveways are no problem but it would sit a lot nicer looking.

I have read that it is recommended to run aftermarket shocks such as skunk2 sport shocks because the OEM shocks are obviously designed for stock ride height. I haven't seen anyone discuss running this exact combination on the forums.

Does anyone have recommendations or input on whether this setup would work or not and if there are other parts I would need to get for this to work? I just want to make sure I have everything so I could knock this project out in a weekend without having to wait around for more parts on order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm on Swift Spec-R springs and Truhart shocks. So the idea will be the same, just different parts. I would check to see if the Skunk2 shocks require reusing or new hardware like top hats. Otherwise, getting camber bolts and rear control arms should be enough to help with alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was required with installing the truharts? I'm open to those as well, they are similarly priced to skunk2. I believe I would be reusing the top hats with the skunk2.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What was required with installing the truharts? I'm open to those as well, they are similarly priced to skunk2. I believe I would be reusing the top hats with the skunk2.
Basically reusing top hats and I think the dust boots. The vendor I purchased from had new ones I purchased and used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts