9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOO earlier this week i got in contact with tein to see if there was any development on some lowering springs and such for my si sedan ...and turns out they offered to measure and perform tests on my car...they told me it would take a cpl months sooo be on the lookout ill keep you guys posted

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Atleast it has to start somewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Cool stuff...I had s-techs in my last couple rides. Too harsh for my taste now...bring us some H-Techs!!!

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
any updates??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had these on a couple of my cars and like their springs. I would be interested but im rolling in a lx so they would be different.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i was looking at some of the S-tech springs for the 8th but if these are close i'd probably just wait

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tein Spring Release Time Update

i've been writing MFG of suspension systems trying frantically to find when a solution for us SI owners will be available. here is some good news from Tein. ill copy the letter they sent me.
Hello Victor,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension Products.

We are currently in the testing stage of development and will be able to offer some product for the vehicle by June.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

TEIN USA
Operations Staff
*********************************************************************************
TEIN USA, Inc. - West
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Tel: 562.861.9161 There is some good factual info. the kind our vendors should be supplying us with.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I thought I had posted this before but I guess I didn't...at least there story is consistent :)

Hello Karim,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are currently in development of Lowering Springs and Suspension for that vehicle and will have product out by May or June of this year.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

TEIN USA
Operations Staff
*********************************************************************************
TEIN USA, Inc. - West
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Tel: 562.861.9161
Fax: 562.861.9171
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]
NEW BLOG PAGE!!!
TEIN USA Blog - The latest news and info from TEIN USA

·
Registered
833 Posts
oops you did......lol ....if that's not plagiarism idk what is....mods feel free to clean up this thread and ill post again in the first one.... sorry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please keep everybody up to date on these. I'm in need of a drop. I see that you were inquiring about the SI, were there any updates for us with LX coupes?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My honest past experience with TEIN product are their springs are pretty good but their coilovers are inconsistent. I had KYB-AGX and TEIN S-Tech combo and lasted me for 3 years and took them off for TEIN S-Tech Coilover and had several problems starting at installation. None of them had the same pressure. One strut had scratches on it. and it was hell to adjust evenly accord to soft or stiff. Just my two cents. But everything deserve another chance and I might just got the lemon of the batch so good luck to those who purchase them and let the rest of us know how it turns out. Hope theyve gotten better.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Please keep everybody up to date on these. I'm in need of a drop. I see that you were inquiring about the SI, were there any updates for us with LX coupes?
I didnt ask about non Si vehicles but they were fast to respond and if enough people inquire maybe they will speed up the process.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My honest past experience with TEIN product are their springs are pretty good but their coilovers are inconsistent. I had KYB-AGX and TEIN S-Tech combo and lasted me for 3 years and took them off for TEIN S-Tech Coilover and had several problems starting at installation. None of them had the same pressure. One strut had scratches on it. and it was hell to adjust evenly accord to soft or stiff. Just my two cents. But everything deserve another chance and I might just got the lemon of the batch so good luck to those who purchase them and let the rest of us know how it turns out. Hope theyve gotten better.
Thanks for posting the info ADE....ive never had any Tein products ,other than the 8th gen H tech that i just now sent back and honestly i have to say i would just about buy anything right now that was a quality lowering product for our cars except coilovers. with spring rates at close to 700 idk if i could stand the ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
personally TEIN Street Basis are in deed the best quality coilovers I have rode on before. I do hope TEIN comes out with something ASAP.

·
Registered
610 Posts
TEIN response to my F/B post.

I just got this response from TEIN about their products for our '12 Civics.

Hi Michael! We actually finished testing the vehicle last month for both damper kits and springs. We are hoping we will have products like the Flex damper kit available by late Summer!

Please keep posted with us as we try to update our new products information on a daily basis!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had the Tein Stechs in my corolla and not even a week into them and the front shocks went from bad to holly shiat in like a month.... I would never trust tein again... The rates are toooo low.. Feels like ure bouncing around... Ive heard that the coilovers are good. But after that experience..nahh.. I now have the skunk2 but Im waiting on H&R to show us the race springs.. Ive had those in two of my previous cars and they are awesome..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from At&t...4G LTE FTMFW!!!!

1 - 20 of 345 Posts