9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanna buy led lights for my civic headlights but ive seen ton of them dont know which one is the best could you guys recomend me which ones to get?
Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I wanna buy led lights for my civic but ive seen ton of them dont know which one is the best could you guys recomend me which ones to get?
Thanks.
From my experience with LEDs in reflectors dont buy them. Do they give the car a cool clean better look? Sure, but overall output is low because the light isnt focused so its scattered everywhere and produces A LOT of glare for other drivers

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
are you talking headlights? fog lights? tail? stop? turn? interior? trunk?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Headlights
Get hid's instead. I ran two sets of leds (cant remember brand, highly rated on amazon) and they were awful. Bright as hell but had no distance. Got some hid's installed at my local shop, bright, good distance, no issues. I'm also pretty low so I don't have people flashing me all the time, or ever now that I think about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headlights
Get hid's instead. I ran two sets of leds (cant remember brand, highly rated on amazon) and they were awful. Bright as hell but had no distance. Got some hid's installed at my local shop, bright, good distance, no issues. I'm also pretty low so I don't have people flashing me all the time, or ever now that I think about it.
Thanks will get hid's better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
had both........ i like LEDs. The HIDs I had didn't last very long (not even 2 years and got it from a reputable shop - forget the name, it was for my 9th gen accord). Ever since, I switched to LEDs and I had no issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your best bet are HIDs.

However for those on a budget, Silverstar Ultra 9012 bulbs are super bright( a slight modification is needed for them to fit) and are designed for the stock housing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Sealight LED's that I got on Amazon. Got them last year around Black Friday but didn't get around to putting them in until a few weeks ago. So far, so good. I'm sure they aren't as good as HID, but for less than $100 I was able to replace the High, Low, and Fogs, so I'm happy. 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts