9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought the black emblem set from them. I hope mine last a decent amount of time. For $80.00, i'd expect better quality.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I thought about buying from them but it was well over $100 US plus shipping. Bought the same things on ebay for far less. But, to OP's problem: I would mask it off, lightly sand with 600 grit to rough up the surface, and hit the emblem with a few coats of clear poly, like helmsman, something for marine surfaces. It will be good as new.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try hand buffing it with wax, I use Meguiars gold class wax. It really smooths scratches in plastic or clearcoats. My boy had a 2008 white civic that had alot of door sill scuffs. So I used Barkeepers Friend soft scrub then waxed it. Looked like new afterwards.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I have a pair that I have yet to install. May sell them instead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At least you've received an email back. My front emblem did something similar, ended up wrapping it in some grfxp "alien eye" overlay. A lot less noticeable. I knew they were knock-offs ordering but for 80 i thought they may have a bit of quality.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
They are all knock offs the only jdm emblems there are is the red ones and you gotta really check to see where they came from I got the Kplayground red emblems a long time ago and within months they went to crap so u went to procivic and bought the jdm ones from them and they are apparently the real ones from procivic and I have not had a problem yet

·
Registered
49 Posts
I could definetly vouch for pro civic.. Their red Jdm emblems are official.. I had mine for over 2 years and they still look great.. My car is always outside too.. Some low life loser even stole the front one and tried to steal the back one but cracked it 2 months ago.. So I'll buy my next pair from pro civic..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,080 Posts
Tbh, $80 for a couple of small plastic pieces is reedickahlus.

·
Registered
397 Posts
BUYER BEWARE: Stay away from KPLAYGROUND!

What’s up 9[SUP]th[/SUP] gen!

I just wanted to share something with the forum that could potentially save many a headache in the future.

STAY AWAY FROM KPLAYGROUND!

They might have some cheap Chinese parts that look appealing, but their customer service…if you even want to refer to it as that…is NOT worth the risk!

Before I get into my experience, I want to note I’m not the only one:

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/appearance-body-modifications/173506-kplayground-buyer-beware.html

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-general-chat/76762-what-happened-kplayground.html

…Apparently they use to be a supporting vendor of this forum, but no longer are because of the very reason for this thread—how they conduct business.

As for my experience, I’ll try to keep it as short as possible. Basically, I ordered some “Type R” style red Center Caps for the OE wheels in January. I installed them in the beginning of February, as you can see from my “What Did You Do To Your Car Today” post:

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-general-chat/5120-what-have-you-done-your-car-today-344.html#post3040401

In the beginning of July, I discovered one of the caps just completely lost all of its red coloring for no reason. No damage to the cap or anything, just looks like the color got washed out:

So of course being that I haven’t even had them installed for 6 months I e-mailed them about the defect, looking for a replacement. I would like to clarify--I was only requesting ONE replacement cap. I wasn’t even asking for another set, money back ,nothing. I requested ONE cap to replace my one defective cap.

Of course, they didn’t answer when I first reached out to them, because why would they right?

After sending them a follow-up email, they responded saying my email went to their junk folder. They would proceed to not answer many emails following this (as you will see below), and anytime I’ve e-mailed them about PURCHASING a product, they answer back immediately. Funny those e-mails never went to the junk folder.

So of course they wouldn’t answer again until I sent them yet another follow up e-mail, and the response back was “We already forward your picture to factory and there is no warranty on it.”

MMMMkayyyyy. :wooo:

I then sent them multiple emails explaining to them if they are a upstanding company selling these center caps, then you should cover any item you sell (To a certain extent of course) and what I'm requesting here is not far-fetched by any measure. Your product reflects your business, and it's more than reasonable to request a replacement for a product that in my book wasn't cheap & is defective in less than 6 months. I can understand if they were 3 years old and I was requesting a replacement, but let's be realistic here...this cap shouldn't have just lost it's coloring like that in such a short period of time. I would also like to note I paid $50 for these caps and they have since sold them for $40 “on sale”. After a couple no answers they finally agreed to “special order one cap along with our next our shipment because we are outta stock”. I responded back asking what the ETA would be. They said “3-4 weeks, and PS: shipping is on you.”
I responded back expressing that I was not going to be covering shipping.

A month and a half later, still no response, I send yet another follow-up inquiry about the replacement cap. They respond back, “As discussed, you are not willing to pay the shipping cost”. I responded by expressing my disappointment, and I'm just counting it as a loss. They clearly aren't willing to send me one cap that probably cost them a dollar, to ensure good customer service on a potential repeat customer.

Here’s the summary of our email conversation I explained above, you get the gist of every email and how many times they didn't respond back, I think this is easier than screen-shotting each email lol:

I want to reiterate customer service is the issue here. I’m sure some have purchased parts from them before they are happy with, but they don’t support their products or you as a customer. I would advise not buying from a business that doesn't appreciate your business! Customer service is slowly going to hell these days and it's because we allow it. We are the ones who get stepped on at the end of the day. Why support something that doesn't support you, there are other reputable sources for parts!

There have been warning threads before by others and now me, it’s on you if you decide to gamble with your car part money with kplayground!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Well, you get what you pay for.
I bought some center caps for my Fit Sport wheels off eBay. Set of 4 cost less, shipped to my door, than one OEM cap.

Same thing happened the "H" faded away on 3 caps over a couple of years.
The disturbing thing was 2 of them just fell out...

Again, you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I tried to buy a carbon fiber roof spoiler from them and they lost it in shipment and ended up refunding my money to my credit card, but it ended up being about a month so I got hit with the interest on it anyway. I've worked in many customer service jobs and with out your customer, you have no business. It is a shame that some companies treat people like that or never respond until you file a paypal claim against them... (experience with another company recently).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well, you get what you pay for.
I bought some center caps for my Fit Sport wheels off eBay. Set of 4 cost less, shipped to my door, than one OEM cap.

Same thing happened the "H" faded away on 3 caps over a couple of years.
The disturbing thing was 2 of them just fell out...

Again, you get what you pay for...
I do agree, you do get what you pay for and I'm a firm believer in it. That being the mentality though would still ultimately lead to to the conclusion to not purchase from kplayground.

The OE center caps are only $8 a pop from collegehillshonda although, so these caps still were not cheap in my opinion.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought my red logos from K, (they had a deal for 3 logos for 90$ shipped) so far they stick very well and they are not becoming pink because of the sun (touching wood) lol otherwise I prefer to do business with Andy (team3d) here for parts :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,080 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts