9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 9th gen Si have a clutch delay valve built into the slave cylinder?
Owning previous S2000...i know it did have it and was able to remove it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
most likely it does the fit does and the acura tl-s does and i think the tsx may have cdv not 100%

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
what does the clutch delay valve do...and why would you want to remove it???

·
Registered
175 Posts
hear is shortest and best description of CDV "To reduce drivetrain shock and limit the torque load on transmission components, the clutch includes a one-way delay valve located in the slave cylinder that restricts return fluid flow during rapid clutch engagement. This makes the clutch engagement more gradual during rapid release."

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
hear is shortest and best description of CDV "To reduce drivetrain shock and limit the torque load on transmission components, the clutch includes a one-way delay valve located in the slave cylinder that restricts return fluid flow during rapid clutch engagement. This makes the clutch engagement more gradual during rapid release."

thanks for the info.. didnt have a clue

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me the CDV is like the Rev hang. There's that bit of delay which really annoys me. I want the car to react a certain way, but it's doing it with a slight delay.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well the rev hang steams from the lovely "drive by wire" DBW^ For instance with the clutch in if you press gas peddle to the floor and let off in a fast motion you will watch your RPMs only jump to about 2k. Then do this with say 92 hatchback non DBW car and the rpms jump almost immediately, and go high. " It acts the same way with the clutch out, while you are trying to get rid of the jittery feel, the ECU is still catching up to the position the gas peddle was at before you started to adjust."

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone know if the 9th gen Si have a clutch delay valve built into the slave cylinder?
Owning previous S2000...i know it did have it and was able to remove it.
Yes it does just confirm it with Honda cause my clutch just went out at 17xxx mile which is bs. But they compare it to the s2000 about the exact same set it use hope that help

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Yes it does just confirm it with Honda cause my clutch just went out at 17xxx mile which is bs. But they compare it to the s2000 about the exact same set it use hope that help
I have not checked, nor had I heard this yet. Please confirm that you were told our 9th Gen Si's were using the same part number clutch that the s2000 used?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been looking for this on the 2012 Civic's on Hondas Interactive Network and haven't found anything about the CDV on Civics. I did find a description on the S2000's clutch delay valve though. The delay orifice mechanism appears to have been used on the 04'-09' S2000 models.
The function of the CDV is described by Honda as: "The delay orifice mechanism improves clutch operation by delaying the slave
cylinder release speed when the clutch pedal is suddenly released. The delay
orifice mechanism is built into the slave cylinder."

Im not finding anything about a CDV on 2012 civics but this doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, that is BS. Should never happen. My '95 Civic LX, bought new, drove for over 17 years, about 300,000 miles, still had the original clutch when I got rid of it.

My '13 Civic LX must have a bad CDV or something. Unless I'm extremely careful, the clutch always comes in with a bang or thud. This car is only 5 months old and I'm already thinking about getting rid of it before the whole drive-line falls out of it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts