9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
but we aren't allowed to spell it out? like we'll get modded for it? is that shit for real?
"Yes, it's a site thing" is the short and easy answer. You don't want the long answer. The guy didn't write asterisks to be an a-hole. This site just censored the website, changing it to asterisks.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I'm planning on doing the CDV delete pretty soon, as well as adding the SS clutch line. That's as soon as I can get the courage to attempt bleeding the clutch line...
:unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did it but decided to wait on the SS lines. The clutch feel is a lot better with it removed. I don't think that it will have any negative effect on the transmission but it does place more responsibility on the driver. I believe that Honda and many other manufacturers are trying to make manuals easier for the novice driver. I think that they should leave well enough alone and stop putting more nannies in these cars!!

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Anybody remove it ? Good idea or not..?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
A clutch delay valve is an automotive component added to the clutch system of an automobile to standardize clutch engagement speed. Its purpose is to engage the drive train of an automobile without introducing shock to the drive train components by engaging too quickly. By preventing drive train shock, CDVs also prevent an automobile's balance from being upset, which aids in handling characteristics.
Clutch delay valves operate on the principle that engagement only needs to occur at a certain rate to be efficient and that engaging at a quicker rate can damage the drive train components of an automobile. Engaging the drive train to the engine too quickly can damage drive train parts, including the transmission, differential, half shafts, axles, and CV joints. Engaging the drive train too slowly can damage the clutch friction disc and cause clutch slippage.
Clutch delay valves operate as one-way restrictor valves that limit the volume of fluid that can move through the lines in a given time. This ensures a steady quick and firm engagement without being too fast for the drive train to handle since clutches can quickly disengage but re-engagement is damped. The clutch delay valve slows clutch engagement and was intended to reduce drivetrain shock in the event that an inexperienced driver quickly engaged the clutch at higher revs.

link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_delay_valve

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
I believe there are posts on here somewhere about it.
Just do a search. It may be under cdv if you can't find it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
Various CDV threads merged and renamed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the link on the earlier thread is a bit different.the key for the clutch line is smaller and with different parts in the way.also how the hell do you get to the bleeder,not from the top i assume.

·
Registered
31 Posts
finally clutch delay valve removed!

i have a 14 si and i completed the removal of the delay valve,let me say this was no easy tasks the first time around but if i had to do it again i think it would have been half the time or less.im going to bleed one last time and take it out this morning to report the feel of the clutch engaging.any questions?whats crazy is that i saw 0 14s with this mod and the one good video i found was a different model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the delay valve lol,i didnt like the slllllllloooowwwwwwww engagement it was driving me bonkers.Now about that rev hang...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
the delay valve lol,i didnt like the slllllllloooowwwwwwww engagement it was driving me bonkers.Now about that rev hang...
No, what was the problem during the removal process?

·
Registered
643 Posts
How are you going to post this in the DIY section with not even one (1) comment on what you did differently that wasn't already on the forums, yet alone pictures or a video.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
How are you going to post this in the DIY section with not even one (1) comment on what you did differently that wasn't already on the forums, yet alone pictures or a video.
Yeah, seriously. If this doesn't tun into an actual DIY it will be merged into the current existing CDV thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
CDV questions. 14 Civic Si

I've been driving my Si for a couple months now and have loved it. But the thing I can't get over is the Clutch Delay valve they have in the slave cylinder. I feel like I never know when my clutch is going to engage and it really sucks I can't rip 2nd gear at redline like all my other hondas without grinding. Has anyone taken their CDV out? I've lurked around but haven't found a good write up to take it out and im not sure if I want to start taking parts off the new car.

If anyone can help me figure it out it would make driving so much better.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's funny I was just thinking about this, for some reason that I can't figure out it seems even more intrusive in the warm weather. But yeah theres a lot of threads on CDV deletes, gotta search around.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
Three threads merged.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts