9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Damn no DIYs on this site? The other site I checked out and it's still not that clear I guess ill have to go in blind. I have no problem bleeding the hydraulic lines but the airbox on my '14 Si is huge and I don't want to mess it up in the process. Can someone direct me to an airbox removal atleast?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Any of the DIY threads on adding a CAI or SRI in place of the stock airbox should start with airbox removal. I would start my search there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just removed the CDV, but when I woke up this morning the clutch felt really flat. The catch point is now on the floor, its still really grabby and when my foot is on the floor their isn't any catch but a millimeter and its almost full catch. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I just removed the CDV, but when I woke up this morning the clutch felt really flat. The catch point is now on the floor, its still really grabby and when my foot is on the floor their isn't any catch but a millimeter and its almost full catch. Is this normal?
This doesn't seem right. You may want to try bleeding the line a little more. Did you drain all the fluid and add new clutch fluid? That's what I plan to do when I do the CDV delete.

Grabby sounds like what it should feel like, compared to having it in there. You will likely have to modify how you feather the clutch when shifting.

·
Registered
915 Posts
That's like, the best mod ever. Ohh well not really a mod, it just repaired the mess honda put in there... Personally, when it was really cold outside, like -25 celcius or less, it was like a drove a Semi. Clutch down, shift, wait for it an eternity so the pedal would get up, GO, Clutch down, shift, wait for it... It was driving me mad but not anymore! Do it for driveability, do it for clutch reliability, do it for your synchros.. Just do it!!

Marko!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts