9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one, I almost hit an armadillo crossing the road while a car happened to be coming from the opposite lane. If you listen closely you can hear my tires slide.

This one, a lady was swerving around in her lane for a while and I was fed up with it and wanted to pass her, I flip on my turn signal and change lanes. Since she was swerving I didn't think she would be changing lanes at that time that I was, plus she didn't turn her signal on. Her left hand was too busy with a cigarette, though, so I guess that makes it alright. Also, for the record, I was not speeding, traffic was going very slow.

This one, I was on the phone with my wife (using the hands-free device of course!) and an all black, medium sized dog was crossing the road, I waited until I got to the intersection of the side road to swerve because if I would have braked, I would have slid right into the dog. There was a car right behind me, but I watched the dog safely make it to the other side through my mirror.

I don't have the dash cam just to post videos to youtube, that's just a plus. I have it so that if I get into an accident that is not my fault, I am protected by video evidence. This is the dash cam that I bought off of amazon. It was on sale at the time. Also, it does not come with a memory card, you have to buy a micro SDHC memory card along with it. This camera is decent, eventually I'll buy a better and more expensive one when this one craps out.
Amazon.com: Rando HD Mini Car DVR Video Camera Recorder 2-inch LCD w/ HDMI Cable built-in Microphone: Electronics

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, this is how the camera is attached to my windshield. It has not fallen off yet and I've had it since I bought my car, about a month and a half. Eventually I'll run that wire somewhere where it's not as visible, but I've been too lazy to do it. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cool stuff man, i might purchase one.
Awesome! I recommend anyone that has to drive through lots of traffic or around dangerous roads to get one. I drive a lot and am put in shitty situations that I feel better about now that I am protected against liars or people who want to reverse into me for insurance fraud.

(edit: grammar)

·
Registered
116 Posts
that's a smart idea...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I think I might get one to put in my rig at work.. would def. Be some good vids

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
I've thought about that too. Would be nice to see what's going on out there.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'd like to have one in my work truck to record what looks like drunk drivers, but are really people on their cell phones. Today was off the charts with idiot drivers and traffic was super bad, even by Seattle standards.
A guy at work today saw a lady trying to parallel park and scrape the entire side of a brand new VW Jetta with her min van, then she drove up 2 spots and parked like nothing happened. Her bumper was hanging off and dragging on ground.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
I'd like to have one in my work truck to record what looks like drunk drivers, but are really people on their cell phones. Today was off the charts with idiot drivers and traffic was super bad, even by Seattle standards.
A guy at work today saw a lady trying to parallel park and scrape the entire side of a brand new VW Jetta with her min van, then she drove up 2 spots and parked like nothing happened. Her bumper was hanging off and dragging on ground.
Whoa. Makes me look forward to my 405 to 90 trip this evening. The WSP were out in heavy force on my commute in to work this morning. New month, more fun.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Whoa. Makes me look forward to my 405 to 90 trip this evening. The WSP were out in heavy force on my commute in to work this morning. New month, more fun.

Took me over 20 minutes to go from the Seneca exit to the Mercer exit today, I think those exits are 2 or 3 miles apart.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I might get one to put in my rig at work.. would def. Be some good vids
That would be awesome, you could make a compilation of all the people that are just cruising along at intersections that have to slam on their brakes because they didn't notice you coming. Haha

Good controlled swerving. I seems you live in a dangerous area. Keep on your toes! :)
Thank you :D. I live in Orlando, FL, basically a college/tourist city, close to Full Sail, UCF, Valencia and a few more less popular schools. Most of the roads here are three lanes each way with a concrete median and only about 20% of the population know how to use a turn signal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No camera installed yet, but I have this one ordered: Car DVR , 100% Origianl Car DVR Recorder with Ambarella + GPS Logger + G Sensor + H.264 + Full HD 1080P 30FPS + FreeShipping!-in Car DVRs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
It should be here in a week or two (shipped from China).

I wish the Civic wipers had better coverage on the windshield, so I could install the camera right behind the rear view mirror and make it a little less visible. Maybe I'll mount the dashcam on the dashboard itself...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No camera installed yet, but I have this one ordered: Car DVR , 100% Origianl Car DVR Recorder with Ambarella + GPS Logger + G Sensor + H.264 + Full HD 1080P 30FPS + FreeShipping!-in Car DVRs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
It should be here in a week or two (shipped from China).

I wish the Civic wipers had better coverage on the windshield, so I could install the camera right behind the rear view mirror and make it a little less visible. Maybe I'll mount the dashcam on the dashboard itself...
This looks pretty awesome, the one I bought is made in China, too. I think the next one I get will have to have a function where I can save files to not be recorded over when looping. Sometimes I'm out driving for over 4-6 hours and I end up losing something good that I could have uploaded. I hate driving without it recording, but I've done it a couple of times.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New dash cam video; spliced this together. Did a little red light racing with four passengers. My car is completely stock.

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
I run a GoPro Hero2. I had it mounted to the sunroof but it always got in the way. I moved it to the drivers side little window.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I run a GoPro Hero2. I had it mounted to the sunroof but it always got in the way. I moved it to the drivers side little window.
I use my moonroof a lot, so it would get in the way for me, too, but those places are really good ideas, I'll have to test that out with mine. Thank you for the input!

·
Registered
896 Posts
This is defiantly something you really shouldnt go without in Florida with all of the scammers and crazy drivers. I live right near Tampa and I feel like I should wear a helmet when driving. lol Even with all of the red light cameras around where I am people are just nuts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking to buy one of these for some time. Quality looks good for a $50 camera. Can it be easily removed from the windshield? . Don't like leaving anything visable when I leave my car parked at night? Also does it automatically start recording once you turn on the car?

1 - 20 of 206 Posts