9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1012 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea yea i know its not out yet, but i felt like asking and getting this off my head lol......what brands have good exhaust systems that i may want to look into once the 9th gen civic comes out and their product comes out for it?

a friend told me magnaflow was good, and i dont want any ricer ractive stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Greddy!!!
of course Skunk2 is going to make an exhaust for the new civic as well but this exhaust will be loud like the 1 for the 8thgen! so if you have neighbors that will complain or cops that will pull u over for having a loud exhaust then this isnt for you.
There's also:
Vibrant
BuddyClub

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tanabe is decent. My buddy has a Tanabe exhaust on his Mazda 6 that has a nice deep tone, might be what your looking for.

Greddy is for the win, get that if you can.

here's a video of a 8th gen with a Greddy exhaust:

·
Registered
423 Posts
thre may only be a select few companys that make an exhaust for the 9th gen civic, dependings if its for a r18 or si..

but i like, hks, greddy, spoon, mugen, magnaflow, skunk2

theres also tanable, apexi, borla, megan etc. lol

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
megan
spoon
greddy

its all just metal pipes dude u cant go wrong
winner of the "Most Uneducated" response award lol

dude there is a huge difference in a company that copies other companies designs versus companies that spend top dollar on R&D..... Please dont put Megan against a top company like Greedy/HKS/Apex/etc. If there was no difference we would all buy the cheapest parts we can find.....but this isnt the case

·
Registered
45 Posts
One that no one has listed: HFP! I have the 8th Gen Si HFP on my EX, and it sounds great. Nice and deep, not too loud if you're low RPMs. I had the GReddy Evo 2 on my Accord, back in the day, and it was LOUD. A little louder than I'd like for long trips, but I still liked it in general. On the highway it was like, constant drone though. Could be because it was a 5 spd and not a 6 spd, though. I've heard good things about Skunk2 also, but that they are even louder.

·
Registered
423 Posts
im looking for something that is not very loud at all, kinda deep, and doesnt have the ricey can noise to it......guess we will haveto see what the options are when the car comes out. But should be interesting since mine will be a 5 spd auto
magnaflow is good for that if you like that company..thats wut i have on my 05 coupe.

if would buy again.

·
Registered
947 Posts
CAI/header/exhaust the way to go for some power?

when aftermarket stuff comes out, should i go with the CAI, header, and exhaust for some extra HP gains? or is there a cheaper way to get some power? im kinda new to this stuff so i need some good advice. Thanks.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
SRI or CAI, Shorty Header or Race Header & Exhaust are always the basics.

·
Registered
848 Posts
when aftermarket stuff comes out, should i go with the CAI, header, and exhaust for some extra HP gains? or is there a cheaper way to get some power? im kinda new to this stuff so i need some good advice. Thanks.
I/H/E are usually the basic bolt-on power mods that you go with. However, the 9th Gens unfortunately come with integrated exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I/H/E are usually the basic bolt-on power mods that you go with. However, the 9th Gens unfortunately come with integrated exhaust manifolds.

soo this means....

1 - 20 of 1012 Posts