9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I've decided the civic horn is a chick horn, so I'm replacing it, any brand ideas? I'd rather replace the oem horn than add an air horn

(Moderator’s Note: this newly merged thread is now the place to post any and all concerns about upgrading and/or replacing the weak (especially in the R18 models) horn in our Civics. The thread, as it now sits, contains questions (some asked many times over), suggestions on what to use as replacement(s), and a DIY or two.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
You should hear the CR-Z horn, so embarassing lol!

This is a common complaint even with the 8thgens. Try replacing it with a horn from the Accord if its compatible. Check collegehillshonda.com for the 8thgen DIY. Hopefully it shouldnt differ too much.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find it :/ whats the link?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Get a small truck horn, like from a ranger or even a ram. Truck horns have authority. Lol

And if you wanna hear embarrassing, try listening to my '00 civic's horn... Gay! Haha

Reactions: Krayjee

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a friend who put in one of those Train horns in his F-350... So loud your ears are ringing even if your in another car and he honks it!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going to try the accord horn upgrade kit from CHH if they still offer it

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't find it on their site but I
Messages Chh and hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow but should be around 20 bucks

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The two accord horns?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Its nowhere near as bad as our old 08 Mazda 3. That horn was pathetic. lol
Get a train horn then when you honk at someone you scare them shitless. lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
accord horn is way to go...

i got my accord horn fm CHH and ready for install with cargo net, cargo hook, fog lights, illum ambient light, gentek genk45 auto day/night mirror with compass and HID conversion kit 5000K by wodland hills honda... sending pics when done

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I definitely want to replace. Doesn't the Accord horn have a high and low? I so which is the replacement for our horn.

I agree it's a chick horn and after almost being run off the highway yesterday it makes me wonder if other Cars can hear it well enough if the radio is up!?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 20 of 321 Posts