9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
Who cares? Most people don't street race anyway, so what does it matter? Just enjoy your cars...
I race all the time. It's just that no one else knows it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I cant wait for people to put their little turbo CVT on sport mode and start drag racing

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Just hope these new turbo'd engines are reliable. I can see Honda having a huge recall next year or something. This is entirely new territory for them, even if they are some of the smartest minds in the world.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm sure Honda's new turbo engine, the manufacturer that makes most engines in the world on a yearly basis, will be reliable. This is not their first turbo engine. The previous gen Acura RDX was turbo. Honda jetskis have had turbos. Honda has plenty of turbo R&D under their belt. It's a non issue.

Faster Honda's make me happy. If the new Civic is faster than a previous gen Si, that's awesome. It means the Type-R I plan on getting when it hits, will be blazing.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hyundai motors went from no turbos to a fleet of them and they have been great from all I can tell, so I'm sure Honda can handle it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Even if the 1.8 is as fast, it doesn't take away from the fun I have driving my car. And, there are plenty of small turbo and v6 cars on the road today that are faster than my Si. I knew this when I bought it. Good to see that Honda is moving forward, however I'm not sold on the longevity of a small turbo motor just yet. Another reason to sit back and watch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I HIGHLY doubt the new EX will beat 9th gen SI's.......as they said, line them up and then show me. Fake numbers on paper are great; I saw our 9th gen's get anywhere from 6.0 - 7.0 0-60 times by the most reputable sources. Not that it matters either way, I just don't think they'd make the EX almost as quick as the Type R and have room for an SI to fit somewhere between?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Honestly....Honda should kill the SI

Stick with the 1.5 turbo/2.0 na and jump to the 2.0 turbo Type R

1.5 turbo @ 170 hp and the 2.0 turbo @ 300hp

Thats leaves my 2.4 @ whatever hp I want to slap on it ..lol

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Honestly....Honda should kill the SI

Stick with the 1.5 turbo/2.0 na and jump to the 2.0 turbo Type R

1.5 turbo @ 170 hp and the 2.0 turbo @ 300hp

Thats leaves my 2.4 @ whatever hp I want to slap on it ..lol
Too much of a price gap from EX Touring to Type R, there needs to be something in between so the Si will probably live on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Type r will be very limited in production. Its never been a massed produced trim.
Too much of a price gap from EX Touring to Type R, there needs to be something in between so the Si will probably live on.
So, we have 2 scenarios....

1.5T SI competes with the Touring

2.0T SI competes with the Type R

I don't see a 2.0 na SI or a 2.4 SI for 2016

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
So, we have 2 scenarios....

1.5T SI competes with the Touring

2.0T SI competes with the Type R

I don't see a 2.0 na SI or a 2.4 SI for 2016
I can see the 10thgen Si making about 225-230HP which is 60 more HP than EX which is how much more the 9thgen Si made over the EX.

As far as engines go it's a tough call could be a tuned up 1.5T or a detuned 2.0T.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well, if the Si is turbo, and manual it's gonna have to make at least like 225-230 to compete with 8th and 9ths.
The cvt in the 16 1.5 could be considered an advantage over the 6spd in the Si, but ONLY bc it's turbo
If the Si is going to be manual it's going to have to make quite a bit more power just to make up for the lag that comes with a turbo.
Currently, i don't see many 1.5T motors making more than 200 hp.
Still waiting to see a real race, like everyone else said though, too. 😋

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
The type-r we're gonna get will not (?) be the European type-r.

SIs, as well as the LX and EX model Civics, have been upgraded through the generations, whether it's with bigger an/or stronger engines, yet the names have remained the same - LX, EX, Si.

Therefore, unless we get the Euro Type-R, what's the difference whether we get a hotted up Si or a type-r with the same performance? The name?

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Here you go. From Motortrends 2016 Car of the Year testing.
:waiting:

2016 Honda Civic Touring
BASE PRICE$27,335
PRICE AS TESTED$27,335
VEHICLE LAYOUTFront-engine, FWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan
ENGINE1.5L/174-hp/162-lb-ft turbocharged DOHC 16-valve I-4
TRANSMISSIONCont. variable automatic
LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT182.3 x 70.8 x 55.7 in
WHEELBASE106.3 in
CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST)2,925 lb (61/39%)
ACCELERATION, 0-60 MPH7.2 sec
QUARTER MILE15.5 sec @ 92.4 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH123 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION0.83 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT27.5 sec @ 0.62 g (avg)
EPA CITY/HWY/COMB FUEL ECON31/42/35 mpg (est)
ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY109/80 kW-hrs/100 miles (est)
CO2 EMISSIONS, COMB0.55 lb/mile (est)
REAL MPG, CITY/HWY/COMB27/45/33

<tbody style="box-sizing: inherit;">
</tbody>

·
Registered
841 Posts
this is much cool for anyone in the market for this Civic; when i bought mine I knew i wanted the 2.4L before Honda hunkered down displacement for a turbo. Its all relative though, CVT, lower weight..

21 - 40 of 126 Posts