9th Gen Civic Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just saw the update on Motortrend, 177WHP and 190WTRQ for the EX-T!!!! Thats pretty nice. Looking at the graph MT has from Hondata it seems that they only show part of the picture. The graph goes up to 5800 and shows the power to rise just under 184 WHP. Either way thats nuts. Either this EXT is tuned or Honda pulled a Ford move and underrated the engine for insurance purposes. Really looking to see wheel figures from an SI now.
The same dyno test put the Si at 193.9 WHP. Hondata isn't being honest here.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What a BS video. Losing respect for Hondata. Watch the video. The Si driver granny shifts to 4th gear at only 67mph. In my 2012 Si, third gear is good to about 78mph but I guess that's because of Flashpro and a higher redline, right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was this made to sell Flashpros to the new 10th since there's no more Si until CY 2017? Or was this made to scare 9th gen Si owners into getting a Flashpro and mods/boost to beat the new 10th 1.5T?

I will wait for legit off the street owners to line up stock for stock 10th gen 1.5Ts vs a 9th Gen Si. Someone has to set this up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It doesn't bother me if it is faster. It is just the way things go. Cars evolve and the new ones gets faster and have more technology / gadgets.

I love my '13 Si sedan and I plan on keeping it for as long as it puts a smile on my face when i drive it.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts