9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,401 Posts
Why are some people so eager to give out personal information?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So my dealership called me on Sept 28 and notified me about the recall regarding the CVT. Made the appointment for that same week on Oct 2nd.;Service rep told me it would take about 4 hours to do the job but got the car back in only two. Honestly I don't feel any difference on how the car drives but I wonder wouldn't it have been better for honda to actually replace parts or to reinforce them long with the software update and not just the software update?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,401 Posts
Nothing personal about a VIN number. Anyone can just walk up and read it if they want.
With rampant identity theft these days, unless I have to, I do not put out anything on the internet, especially numbers, that can be traced back to me.

Advice given. Do with it what you will.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Why are some people so eager to give out personal information?
1.) Not paying attention.
2.) Got too excited.
3.) Wasn't thinking about it.

Best of all...

4.) There's really nothing more you could get out of them no matter how much of personal information they'll put out.

Reactions: 79537

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
So my dealership called me on Sept 28 and notified me about the recall regarding the CVT. Made the appointment for that same week on Oct 2nd.;Service rep told me it would take about 4 hours to do the job but got the car back in only two. Honestly I don't feel any difference on how the car drives but I wonder wouldn't it have been better for honda to actually replace parts or to reinforce them long with the software update and not just the software update?
Software update is much easier, if not, cheaper than replacing the part itself. Just imagine with all the CVT recalls and they do go on that route (replace the actual part or reinforce it), they'd be losing a lot of money! What would be funny is if they did that (and completed everything), only to learn later on that they should've just done a software update along the way.

So what I see happening right now is just a waiting game for statistics to get collected further. After this so called "software update", we'll all be waiting for the actual CVTs that would literally "break" for whatever reason irrelevant to this software update. And that, my fellow 9th Gen-er, would be something that you, or anyone with a CVT wouldn't want to look forward to.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'll have to check my vin number when I get home.

And with how CVT drives, meh.
I didn't buy this car for "sport" reasons.
Wondering, what sort of sales story were you presented, with regard to how the CTV drove?
Was any explanation offered as to the perceived driveability?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So I went today to another dealer I know everyone at and it took like 30 minutes. I saw them hook he laptop up to the car so they did actually do it. Idk what that guy is talking about two hours. The car maybe feels smoother who knows. Turn off Econ though because the shifting isn't too good on it in the city. I would change the cvt fluid every 20-25k miles even though the dealer says 30k just an extra precaution. You want to keep that fluid new

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you read what I wrote that's how long it took for me to get my car back I mean I don't know what's hard to understand about that. Why it took that long not im not entirely sure. I didn't have the time to watch the proccess due to the fact that I was starting my move to a new place that same day......

·
Read Only
303 Posts
My friend owns an independent honda/acura repair shop and he recommends changing the cvt fluid every 15-20K miles.

So I went today to another dealer I know everyone at and it took like 30 minutes. I saw them hook he laptop up to the car so they did actually do it. Idk what that guy is talking about two hours. The car maybe feels smoother who knows. Turn off Econ though because the shifting isn't too good on it in the city. I would change the cvt fluid every 20-25k miles even though the dealer says 30k just an extra precaution. You want to keep that fluid new

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Makes the 2012's look like pretty good cars. They work.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts