9th Gen Civic Forum banner

The official "I can't decide on an intake for my Si" thread

139K views 278 replies 107 participants last post by  markwll25 
#1 ·
So last week I ordered a K&N intake and today I just ordered an ART sri intake for my civic

Which do you all recommend I try first? PS I want power AND noise

#5 ·
I tried to order the K&N about a month ago, but no one had them in stock. Did you check to make sure that supplies have been replenished? Crappy part was that I ordered it from a few different places, and they didn't even tell me that they were back ordered. I waited & waited and eventually, after I called them, they came clean and said "Back ordered 'til September".

#8 ·
at this time intakes are off my list until hondata flash pro comes out. since you order 2 short ram intakes, try them out and gives us your experience.

#10 ·
Takeda intake vs Greddy intake

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways! I have noticed while doing some research that both of these intakes look the exact same. Is there really a difference or is it like the Nissan 370 and the Infiniti G37? (same stuff just different brand name) Lol

#13 ·
ART SRI vs Rick Spec'd

I really am stuck on these two intakes. I'm not really concerned with the price for either product. I am curious as to what the rick spec'd intake is producing as far as numbers. I haven't seen too many members say anything about this intake but I like the design and don't mind the battery relocation. I also plan on getting a s/c by next spring so I saw million and mjk running/ordered this and I am personally impressed w/ the numbers that million got w/ his CTE kit. Now the ART SRI has a lot of good reviews and I love how simple it is and that it gets the job done, and done well. Price is not bad on the ART SRI not to mention as far as problems that have been associated w/ this intake are too a minimum if any. I plan on getting flash pro next and run the reflash, then purchase a full exhaust system (invidia q300/skunk2 alpha header) then tune through vit. Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated!

#14 ·
I absolutely love my Rick spec'd intake it sounds and performs awesome. Give importdps a call an ask for Eric he will hook you up man. I have the skunk2 down pipe, skunk2 exhaust, Rick spec'd intake, and flash pro, should be almost finished with my tune from vit. Cant wait to see numbers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Stigmacher
#15 ·
thanks bacon I actually read some of your responses, very imformative and can't wait to see your results post them up when you get them I also like where this intake sits as well compared to the ART.

I absolutely love my Rick spec'd intake it sounds and performs awesome. Give importdps a call an ask for Eric he will hook you up man. I have the skunk2 down pipe, skunk2 exhaust, Rick spec'd intake, and flash pro, should be almost finished with my tune from vit. Cant wait to see numbers.

#18 ·
Oh it's pretty easy, hardest part to me was the resonator delete ha. No your car would not run good at all without flash-pro. They have a special if you buy everything from them. Just call importdps they are open. Ask for Eric tell him Austin sent you.

#22 ·
Good intake, but must have a tune or car runs like poo. It is sorta a pain in the a$$ to install but if you know your way around cars then it shouldn't be a problem.

#46 ·
Yes, out here in Vegas where its a consistent 105-110 degrees from May to September EVERYTHING gets heat soak, LOL! But, the Rick Spec'd is in a position to get cooler air from front of vehicle behind headlight, where the ART is positioned to suck hot air in back of engine bay near HOT DP/header. They both can get hot, just one will get cooler IAT than the other.