9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this topic -

So I used Armoral Interior Wipes for the inside plastic parts of my CIVIC (dashboard, center console, steering wheel) and it left marks and dry spots behind.

Help!

How do you guys clean the inside of your CIVIC's.

Also, for my windows i use tint-safe spray and a cloth special for windows - works like a charm.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Love this topic -

So I used Armoral Interior Wipes for the inside plastic parts of my CIVIC (dashboard, center console, steering wheel) and it left marks and dry spots behind.

Help!

How do you guys clean the inside of your CIVIC's.

Also, for my windows i use tint-safe spray and a cloth special for windows - works like a charm.
My dad used Armor All on his old Mazda and it caused the dash to crack and discolor. Instead check out this site and hopefully if can provide you with good information. Interior Car Care: products to clean & protect all plastic, vinyl, leather, rubber & fabrics... vinyl protectant, leather cleaner, conditioner,
Also, you can always pop over to Amazon and read reviews on several products. This can help you get a good consensus on whether or not a product is good and reliable.

i hear those wipes start to discolor the plastic, unless im thinking of a different kind of wipe.

is windex safe for the windows ? given that they arent tinted
As long as it is NOT ammonia based windex you should be fine. Make sure you use a microfiber cloth as well. Search the forums and you will find a thread where I asked this same question and got lots of good replies back.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
I use a cheap microfiber towel and a mixture of Woolite & water to clean the interior. Mix is 6:1 water/Woolite for heavier cleaning and 10:1 for lighter stuff.

As for dressing the plastic I use 303 or Meguiars #40 vinyl and plastic dressing. Most of the dressings that are milky colored and water soluable work fine .. Don't spray on the dash etc. Spray on a cloth and apply. If too shiny then follow with a damp wipe and it will reduce it some.

Have a look here http://www3.telus.net/jesstzn/Woolite.html

As far as the wipes discoloring .. never heard that .. too many wives tails out there now.

As for window cleaning .. if they are after market tintes then you need a solution that is ammonia free... thay usually say tint safe on the container.

As for non-tinted ... use what ya like ... doesn't matter.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
My dad used Armor All on his old Mazda and it caused the dash to crack and discolor. .
Thats the wives tale I was talking about ... that was never substantiated .... so lets not cultivate it here ... most of those old dashes cracked because at the time they never knew to put UV protectants in the soft dash materials. I saw lots of dashes crack back then and nothing was used on them ..

On top of that ... todays Armorall Protectant is a different based product.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendation on a windshield visor? Brand, website etc?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I take a microfiber cloth, wipe down all surfaces and vacuum the car. Then afterward, I take those "armor-all" wipes and take it to all leather and smooth surfaces. I haven't had to clean the seats yet (only vacuumed). Not sure what product to use on this material. The Dash is a different story...I used a small amount of armor-all on it but I usually just wipe it down with the cloth. It has a weird texture, I don't like it at all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I used the wipes before but it seemed to add extra build up in strange places. Now I use the already. My neighbor is very ocd and touchy and only users the already and had been for years. Never heard him talk about cracking or anything. I suggest to get a good spray and micro fiber towel and go to town after a clean.

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
385 Posts
I plan on using Woolite as well for the interior. It's a really effective detergent and quite gentle. The problem with these chemical wipes and dressings is just introducing airborne chemicals into the interior. Our 2012 Civics were rated having the least toxic interior so no point introducing all kinds of nasty chemicals into the cabin.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Micro fiber towel +Meguiar's Quick interior detail cleaner+vacuum=Done ( i am not a fan of glossy surfaces)

·
May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
405 Posts
+1 on what SCFAST said...meguiars products work great..the oil slick look on interior is no bueno IMO but some do like it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys I'm useing a product call
1z enizet it comes from Germany it's great leave a factory finish and no shine. Does not crack dash board or anything like that. Keeps the dust down to a min

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
139 Posts
I personally use 303 aerospace, i think thats what its called. I put it on the dash/door panels/mats. it gives everything that rich black look without giving that greasy look armor gives. When u apply armor all and feel the dash or whatever it may be, it feels sticky, 303 feels like original, i don't know how to word it. Best product i have never used

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another one for the Meguiars, works great on all surfaces. Nice factory finish on the plastic, and works well on the clear plastics and my navi screen.

500th Post! :yellowdomokundance:

1 - 20 of 195 Posts