9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Best bet to buy. (please note model no.)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked through a bunch of forums for comparison threads but I haven't been able to find anything on which ones are the best for ride quality/durability. I have a 13 civic sedan. Im looking into doing it in spring 2014 as well as throwing on some enkeis (17-18"). I dont want to slam it, what do you guys reccommend?
- around 1.5-2.5" springs
- durable for winter use (I live in canada)
- absolutely no coilovers, springs only.

I was thinking: Ebiach Sportlines, Ebiach Pro-Kit, or H&R Sport Springs.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Matador91,
I do have the Eibach Pro-kit on my 2013 Si Sedan, and they look good even with the oem 17''s, and the ride is very close oem just less body roll on turns and no to many problems to go over bumps or get in and out of driveways an i have 9k miles on the car but so far It feels good and no clunky noises or rattles so I will totally recommend you the Pro-Line springs

Good luck.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Matador and jesus.

There are countless threads here that explore every aftermarket spring set available for 9th gens.

When you search, try by post instead of by title. If you type in a few of the brands you know, you should find lots of info. It's called 'research.'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heard many good things about the eibach pro kit and the H&R lowering springs. I was thinking about getting them myself as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What springs should i get?

Hey, I just got a 2013 Si sedan.
I was wondering what springs to get, Skunk2, Tiens, or H&R?
Or recommend anything under 500 because i'm on a budget.
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, I just got a 2013 Si sedan.
I was wondering what springs to get, Skunk2, Tiens, or H&R?
Or recommend anything under 500 because i'm on a budget.
Thanks
I don't now about Tiens or H&R but Skunk2 are very good. I know a lot of people who are very happy with there Skunk2. Mines are shipping to me right now, should be here in a week. Also buy some rear upper rubber mounts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Jai.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Thank you. Do you have an idea on which one I should go with?
No, sorry. Just offering a welcome to a new member.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I most certainly hope that you are getting high performance shocks and not putting lowering springs on stock shocks?? The first thing that happens is the imbalance from spring rate to shock compression-- the second thing that happens is stock shock wears 3-4 times faster-- Finally, the rest of your suspension pays dearly from the imbalance and you begin to put stress and prematurely age other parts of the suspension--think twice. The drop looks great, but at what cost??

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Although skunk2 lowering springs result in a F/R drop of 2.25"/2.00", as per the website, they show springs only for the Si. Can these be put on an LX/EX, or is the difference in shocks between the Si and the LX/EX way too much for the LX/EX shock to handle with a 2.25/2.00 drop?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Although skunk2 lowering springs result in a F/R drop of 2.25"/2.00", as per the website, they show springs only for the Si. Can these be put on an LX/EX, or is the difference in shocks between the Si and the LX/EX way too much for the LX/EX shock to handle with a 2.25/2.00 drop?
Thats exactly what im trying to find out. Though it is a 2" drop i would like an even drop & the 2 above are the only ones ive seen for the Lx.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The difference between the si and lx is the engine weight. They fit perfectly no issues. Probably a little less than 2 inches all around. Maybe 1.9 1.8ish but it looks great

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Go with H&R springs, the drop is 1.6F 1.4R and they wont destroy your struts like a 2" drop would. They will still decrease the lifespan of the struts, but not like a 2" drop would.. Either that or save up for coilovers, you can get godspeed coilovers for 750 shipped which isnt too bad

1 - 20 of 254 Posts