9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Best bet to buy. (please note model no.)

• Total voters
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
For those who have Swift springs for a 14-15 Si sedan, did you need anything extra other than getting an alignment? Just checking to see if I'll need a camber kit or anything like that.
Needing a camber kit depends on the distance dropped, not the particular spring. It is generally thought that anything up to about 1.5" does not 'require' adjustable camber arms, although best practice is to install them, regardless, if you want truly proper camber. Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Needing a camber kit depends on the distance dropped, not the particular spring. It is generally thought that anything up to about 1.5" does not 'require' adjustable camber arms, although best practice is to install them, regardless, if you want truly proper camber. Of course, YMMV.
chilow said:
For those who have Swift springs for a 14-15 Si sedan, did you need anything extra other than getting an alignment? Just checking to see if I'll need a camber kit or anything like that.
I needed a camber kit for the rear with my swift springs. I installed it at the same time as the springs and set it to the same length as the stock camber arms. The negative camber was very obvious but was corrected with the alignment. I used the inexpensive godspeed camber arms because I didn't see the need to spend too much money on a part that does not move...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah some Skunk2 lowering springs should do just fine! The part number is 519_05_1585 they'll give you a 2.3 inch drop which is as low as you can go with oem rims before having to roll your fenders to avoid rubbing.
View attachment 390033 View attachment 390041 View attachment 390049 View attachment 390057

My friend, question. I just lower my 15 Si with Tein S.tech approximately 1.8in font and I am rubbing on my inner fender but only on my passenger side. for some reason is lower on the passenger side than the driver side. Are you having rubbing problems on your 2,3in drop?? Thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site, Lowering 2012 Si Sedan

Just joined mostly to use the forum for info on different lowering springs. Lowering my 2012 Si sedan shortly. Really sick of the stock look. Any pics and/or details on ride and pros cons of your lowered 9th gen sedan would be helpful! Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
Thanks, dp.

Merged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 Civic 1.8e Thailand Release (Eibach/H&R/TEIN/D2)

Hi; im slightly new here; I have a 2012 Civic 1.8e Thailand version loc: Philippines
I think this is the best forum to ask since FB groups in facebook no one answers.
and I am not sure what model number to buy since my civic is a thailand release which i don't know if which same springs for USDM can fit thai Released models

been stalking few builds; magwheels; CAI; exhausts; and lowering springs:eek3dancesmiley:

i'm kinda torn on all other posts on the lowering springs first i was leaning towards:
1.-eibach pro-kit; but others say it does sag and squeeks (due to installed wrong) soft?
2.-H&R some says ok; no sag no squeek stiffer than eibach
3.-D2 lowering fairy really cheap -even a friend who owned an FD recommends it.
4.-Tein... idk?

Philippine road conditions lots of bumps and holes; will drive around two highways; on rush hour i get a 3hr 20-30km/h drive

I just ordered a 18"x9 cosmis racing xt206-R gunmetal machined lip.

so i'm itching to order a lowering spring since black friday sale is coming.

can someone help?
what exact model number.
pro's and con's exactly?

i just want to have a silent comfy stock feeling lowered ride

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
Merged, with new poll included.

Many of the posts in the Official thread address your questions, FLX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
II currently just bought a 2018 black Civic EX 2.0L it’s the sedan and wanted to the coupe but if I would taken it back they had a red coupe but all my infotainment stuff would be gone. Can you give me a site that sells reasonably cheap body kits, most of all this a gift and if you look at the black Civic EX sedan tinted windows I’d like to drop it 1.5 front and 1.75 in back please help

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
So wait - you didn't get the car you really want because you wouldn't do a little reprogramming?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was wondering if anybody has pics of their 9th gen on d2 springs and 18 in wheels. My spring should be in today and I’m trying to get a good idea of how it’ll look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was wondering if anybody has pics of their 9th gen on d2 springs and 18 in wheels. My spring should be in today and I’m trying to get a good idea of how it’ll look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have tein springs on right now and they don't go as low as d2 springs, that being said, you're more than likely going to need camber arms in the rear or else you'll rub with 18s.

Going through some old photos, this guy is lowered on D2 springs but on 17x9 rpf1s

rpf1 17x9 +30 215 45 17, dropped 2 inch D2 springs.jpg

This guy is lowered on Skunk2 springs with stock 18s, which I believe have the same drop as the D2 springs (correct me if i'm wrong)
skunks2 2.3inch drop.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,410 Posts
It's the not wheel diameter that will determine rubbing, but the tire diameter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Non SI Spring Suggestions

Hey Guys,
Looking for springs for my non SI and it seems to be a pretty limited market. Basically Eibach pro kit and H&R sets, the other ones I can't find any type of review on. Coilovers probably overkill for what I need, just looking for something to daily drive on and get rid of wheel gap. Eibach and H&R set seem like a pretty low drop, -1.8 in the front -1.5 in the back. Any recommendations for something not quite as low or is -1.8 not as low as it sounds?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That seems about right for minimum drop. From my experience Eibach is usually a little higher than they say, h&r is dead on. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Guys,
Looking for springs for my non SI and it seems to be a pretty limited market. Basically Eibach pro kit and H&R sets, the other ones I can't find any type of review on. Coilovers probably overkill for what I need, just looking for something to daily drive on and get rid of wheel gap. Eibach and H&R set seem like a pretty low drop, -1.8 in the front -1.5 in the back. Any recommendations for something not quite as low or is -1.8 not as low as it sounds?
I'm on the same boat. I wish there were springs that would only drop 1 inch or less for the base model.

If only swift spec R springs could fit our cars :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Want to lower on springs, what is needed other than springs?

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to lower my car in the coming months on springs (probably getting Eibach Pro Kit). What should I get right away with the springs? Also are they any other recommendations for springs? Looking for at most a 1.5" drop. Thanks!!

Reactions: bfaided1984

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Camber kits help with alignment but aren't required. I have cam bolts in the front of mine but do not have the adjustable arms for the rear.

221 - 240 of 257 Posts