9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Best bet to buy. (please note model no.)

• Total voters
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this. I need help picking out dampers and lowering springs.

I just bought a civic 2014 coupe. I noticed that the suspension system already has to make a change. By changing it I would like to lower it a little and I'd like to think of which marks are better for this one, thanks to everyone

·
Registered
96 Posts
What else do you want to change about the suspension besides lowering it? You can always go with a lowering spring. If you want better handling for a specific type of driving style, then you’re going to need to research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a smooth handling that is not hard. In the research I have done, I found that what I’m looking for the best options would be truhart shocks and h&r lowering springs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ride Quality Advice

Just purchased a 2013 Si coup and it has Skunk 2 lowering springs. I like the look but the ride quality is too rough for me. Is there a way to soften the ride with shocks and struts without replacing the springs?
Civic2.jpg

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm planning to lower my car in the coming months on springs (probably getting Eibach Pro Kit). What should I get right away with the springs? Also are they any other recommendations for springs? Looking for at most a 1.5" drop. Thanks!!
The Eibach Pro-kit and H&Rs are often used in the same sentence, and are thought to be the two best choices for a 1.5"-ish drop with close-to-stock ride quality. I have been considering both for quite some time.

Many folks recommend changing the shocks to Truharts when doing the spring swap. They are sized properly for the reduced ride height and work well in that setup.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Eibach Pro-kit and H&Rs are often used in the same sentence, and are thought to be the two best choices for a 1.5"-ish drop with close-to-stock ride quality. I have been considering both for quite some time.

Many folks recommend changing the shocks to Truharts when doing the spring swap. They are sized properly for the reduced ride height and work well in that setup.
Funny you should mention this.....H&R and Truharts being ordered Fri. Hyped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Funny you should mention this.....H&R and Truharts being ordered Fri. Hyped!
Well, I am certainly interested in reading about your installation (if doing it yourself), impressions on ride and handling, and photos. :thumb:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I am certainly interested in reading about your installation (if doing it yourself), impressions on ride and handling, and photos. :thumb:
I did Pro-kits and Konis on my 8th gen, so I have an idea of what I'm in for. Bfaided's gonna help too, so shouldn't be too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you want to lower enough to improve the look and that they are soft or not lose the comfort of the SI coupe (although it is not smooth as a sedan the suspension of the SI) Tein STech springs + OEM shocks I think is the best. you get down without “sacrificó NC" too much your daily driving

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
If you want to lower enough to improve the look and that they are soft or not lose the comfort of the SI coupe (although it is not smooth as a sedan the suspension of the SI) Tein STech springs + OEM shocks I think is the best. you get down without “sacrificó NC" too much your daily driving
What's the drop with the Tein STechs, in inches?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had my TruHart/H&R combo for about 3,000 miles now on my 2013 Si Coupe. I still haven't had any issues with them.

I love the drop it gave. Not too extremely low or too mild of a drop, but is just over a finger gap from the fenders now. As for ride quality, I would say it's similar to Stock like people have mentioned, but a bit stiffer and less bouncy. My Stock setup was at 43,000 miles though. Also, I noticed more roll during turns with the Stock setup which was reduced with the TruHarts/H&Rs.

DIY installation wasn't too bad either. I did it at home and the only special tool I had to rent was a Spring Compressor.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Thanks for the review.^

241 - 254 of 254 Posts