9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3601 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've worked exclusively with Nate Haines of CT-Engineering in the development and (mostly) testing for the 2012+ CT-e Supercharger kit. It was an amazing experience working and collaborating with CT-Engineering, Hondata and Vitaliy Mikitchenko (aka VitViper) on this kit. It's been a great success and proving to be a very popular forced induction option for 9th Generation SI's, many of the owners being active members on this forum.

This thread was created with the intention of providing user feedback to potential buyers and existing owners in answering any questions they may have about this kit.

08nhpbfa5 and I both have installed these kits (and then some) to our vehicles personally and feel that we would be confident in answering questions based on our experience first hand.

A couple of highlights about this kit:

-3.8" 3.6" and 3.15" pulleys are available when you purchase the kit. 3.6" and 3.15" being the most popular option providing 7PSI and 10PSI respectively.

-3.8" and 3.6" pulleys will operate with your OEM factory serpentine belt.

-3.15" pulley will require a 1640mm (65.56 inch) to a 1658mm (65.3 inch) serpentine belt.

-You will need a 7-ribbed/micro grooved belt.

-Popular available belts include Gates and Goodyear.

-Both IMT and MercRacing have an aftercooler solution for this kit, although some modification may be required as they may or may not have a positive mounting solution for the 9th generation civic.

-3.15" pulley is capable of generating power in 300WHP+ range.

-The kit requires no modification to your fuel pump or regulator.

-I've had 5,000 trouble-free miles on this kit thus far on the stock OEM clutch.

-With additional upgrades to the popular M62 blower such as an even smaller pulley (2.95"), porting and snout cooling we suspect this kit may break the 400WHP mark.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
<---- used to be 08nhbpfa5

Here are some links for availability of parts used and for sale:

Supercharger Kit (2013 Acura ILX)

FlashPro

http://vittuned.com/vittuned-ct-e-aftercooler-stage-2-kit.html

Aftercoolers | MercRacing Products

IMT Kool Boost 2.25 Charge-Air Cooler/Aftercooler - IMT Store

http://www.stiegemeier.com/vcoolers.html

CT Engineering Supercharger Kit, 2013- Acura ILX 2.4L & 2012- Civic Si, K24Z7 350-094 - HeelToe Automotive

Honda Civic CT Engineering Supercharger Kit

Gatorback® Poly-V Serpentine Belts | Goodyear® Engineered Products

[NGK-Iridium-ILKR8E6] - $18.00 : NGK Spark Plugs Store!, NGK Spark Plugs We Sale, Spark Plug For Racing car, Automobile, Motorcycles, ATVS, Scooters, Marine Engine, Agricultural Equipment

Wiring diagram for the aftercooler pump using the supplied Mercracing relay kit:

AC_System.jpg

Here's where I tapped into a "Hot" wire so I didn't have to drill into the fuse box or attach elsewhere outside of the engine bay. Its hard to see, but I tapped the green wire from the relay into the WHITE wire that's inside the black wire protected shell. Those wires inside the shell connect to a harness clip located under the black rubber (transmission cable I believe).

20130921_174649.jpg

You can also use the oil level sensor fuse in the engines fuse box with an "add a circuit". This is easier and is included in Vits and IMT's kit.

Here's a diagram of ECU connector A where you can attach such goodies as a Wideband sensor or Hondata's Traction Control.

For reference,

ELD is A34
ECT2 is A44

2014-03-12 17.27.48.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Here is some blower rpm data borrowed from our older brothers at 8thcivc. I have modified the calculations to be based on 7500 rpm.

2012 Si Crank Pulley 13810-R40-A02
or
2011 RDX Crank Pulley 13810-RWC-A01 Cheaper and about 2 grams lighter
6.37 / 3.60 x 7500 = 13271

6.37 / 3.40 x 7500 = 14051
6.37 / 3.30 x 7500 = 14477
6.37 / 3.20 x 7500 = 14929

6.37 / 3.15 x 7500 = 15167 Aftercooler recommended
6.37 / 3.00 x 7500 = 15924 Aftercooler needed
6.37 / 2.90 x 7500 = 16474 Aftercooler needed
6.37 / 2.80 x 7500 = 17062 Aftercooler + blower porting + 2 Step colder plugs needed
6.37 / 2.60 x 7500 = 18375 Aftercooler + blower porting + 2 Step colder plugs needed + possible blower bearing issues

I personally would recommend 1 step colder plugs and aftercoolers with all setups for extra security and of course power :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Some additional notes to add to Millions first post.

Flashpro is not included, but absolutely needed.

The 3.15 pulley will require 750cc injectors or larger. The injectors you want can specified at the time of ordering the kit along with your request for different pulley if wanted. You might as well go with the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc to future proof yourself. The 2.95" should be in the 80's% duty cycle on pump gas when aftercooled.

1 step colder plugs are recommended - NGK - ILKR8E6 will work.

Mercracings aftercooler will require a 1700mm (67 inch) belt, with the 3.15 pulley others may work too. If using the Merc Cooler with the 2.95 pulley - the OEM belt will work - 7PK1697

For IMT - A 1658mm/ 65.3" belt will work with IMT's .25 Phenolic spacer set up with their 1.25" Aftercooler. The 2.95 pulley with 2.25 cooler will use stock belt

Vits aftercooler with 2.95 also uses stock belt

A few people have had idler pulley problems (known issue with 8th and 9th CT kits) - You have a couple options

1- Jackson racing 2.5 Idler pulley - spins slower due to larger size, but its plastic - I used one for some time and had no issues.

http://supercharger.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33938

2- IMT 2" idler - I am running it now and its a nice piece, no known failures yet.

http://www.innovativemotorsportstech.com/idler-pulleys

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I want to add that I have only had this kit a week, with my car barely tuned and its freaking awesome!!!!

Special thanks to:

[email protected] Engineering
Hondata
VitViper
[email protected] Technologies
[email protected] Mercracing
Marcus[email protected]
Garage 5 Innovation

Extra special thanks and shoutouts for answering lots of my questions to:

Millions-Knives
mjk120185
Six_Speed_Demon

and anyone else I may have missed :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Here is some blower rpm data borrowed from our older brothers at 8thcivc. I have modified the calculations to be based on 7500 rpm.

2012 Si Crank Pulley 13810-R40-A02
or
2011 RDX Crank Pulley 13810-RWC-A01 Cheaper and about 2 grams lighter
6.37 / 3.60 x 7500 = 13271

6.37 / 3.40 x 7500 = 14051
6.37 / 3.30 x 7500 = 14477
6.37 / 3.20 x 7500 = 14929

6.37 / 3.15 x 7500 = 15167 Aftercooler recommended
6.37 / 3.00 x 7500 = 15924 Aftercooler needed
6.37 / 2.90 x 7500 = 16474 Aftercooler needed
6.37 / 2.80 x 7500 = 17062 Aftercooler + blower porting needed
6.37 / 2.60 x 7500 = 18375 Aftercooler + blower porting needed + possible blower bearing issues

I personally would recommend aftercoolers with all setups for extra security and of course power :)

Great data!!!! :clapping:

I would like to add to this if possible! I don't want to step on anyone's toes or anything.

On my 8thgen I was doing the following:

6.37 / 3.00 x 8800rpms = 18,685!

That was with:
Ported manifold
Ported blower
Venom cooler (snout cooler)
Stage 2 aftercooler (with bigger core and bigger heat exchanger)

With ceramic bearing it would be for sure safe to run at 18,900rpms for sure.

So with the 2.60 pulley and ceramic bearing venom cooler and a stage 2 aftercooler it will be perfectly fine.

Just giving some useful info as well since I've done a lot of the research as well! Not trying to step on any body toes or anything just trying to be helpful!

Also at the 17,000 rpms I would recommend 2 step colder plugs. So heat range 9 that is what I had to run the 1 step colder (hear range 8) wasn't handling the heat from the blower to well! That's just from my research and development :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Can you add the link for the 1 step colder plugs? :p
Added :)

Great data!!!! :clapping:

I would like to add to this if possible! I don't want to step on anyone's toes or anything.

On my 8thgen I was doing the following:

6.37 / 3.00 x 8800rpms = 18,685!

That was with:
Ported manifold
Ported blower
Venom cooler (snout cooler)
Stage 2 aftercooler (with bigger core and bigger heat exchanger)

With ceramic bearing it would be for sure safe to run at 18,900rpms for sure.

So with the 2.60 pulley and ceramic bearing venom cooler and a stage 2 aftercooler it will be perfectly fine.

Just giving some useful info as well since I've done a lot of the research as well! Not trying to step on any body toes or anything just trying to be helpful!

Also at the 17,000 rpms I would recommend 2 step colder plugs. So heat range 9 that is what I had to run the 1 step colder (hear range 8) wasn't handling the heat from the blower to well! That's just from my research and development :)

Ouch mah toes!!! LOL JJ bro, thanks for contributing some excellent info. You have great experience with these blowers, your input is highly valuable bud :)

I'll be thinking about smaller pulleys and porting for next year ;) Its sounds mad the we can run the 2.6 with such lower blower rpm...I love it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Stock Photo of CT Kit
350-094.JPG

My CT Kit w/ 3.15 pulley, DW 750cc injectors + Flashpro
20130620_113154.jpg

Mercracing Stage 2 Aftercooler kit - as this was the first one - no brackets for the Heat Exchanger were included - they may be with future kits - please inquire if purchasing.
20130530_110249.jpg

·
Registered
878 Posts
Added :)

Ouch mah toes!!! LOL JJ bro, thanks for contributing some excellent info. You have great experience with these blowers, your input is highly valuable bud :)

I'll be thinking about smaller pulleys and porting for next year ;) Its sounds mad the we can run the 2.6 with such lower blower rpm...I love it.
My thoughts exactly! By our car only going to 7600-7800 is really helping us a lot. The 2.6bp is going to make that blower scream! Thanks for adding the info and my info as well! Can't wait till one of us get this all done. The sound is going to be amazing!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What would you say your average gas mileage is?
And Im still debating on this kit, but if i did go with it I would be looking at the aftercooler too.
What do you mean about their being no brackets yet?
Also, Any thoughts on what aftercooler I should get if Im into this kit?
Im looking to upgrade to smaller pulleys but maybe not right away. I dont know how each cooler fits with this s/c so any opinions on which is the best?
And where exactly should i buy them from?
I dont wanna feel dumb here, but I dont wanna get scammed going to the wrong site haha.

·
Registered
878 Posts
What would you say your average gas mileage is?
And Im still debating on this kit, but if i did go with it I would be looking at the aftercooler too.
What do you mean about their being no brackets yet?
Also, Any thoughts on what aftercooler I should get if Im into this kit?
Im looking to upgrade to smaller pulleys but maybe not right away. I dont know how each cooler fits with this s/c so any opinions on which is the best?
And where exactly should i buy them from?
I dont wanna feel dumb here, but I dont wanna get scammed going to the wrong site haha.
Mpg is almost unchanged if you can stay out of boost.

No mounting brackets for the heat exchanger!

So you would have to make bracket for it to connect to your crash bar like the KW kit does. Or you could have to mount under your radiator like a lot of ppl have done!

·
Registered
878 Posts
No mounting brackets for the heat exchanger!

Sorry, is that bad? Or does it really matter.
Im not the smartest guy on here as you can tell.
It's not bad it's just easier for Jose to make the kits faster if he doesn't make brackets. And it also makes the kits universal between coupes and sedan. The Brackets are actually pretty easy to make. And no worries about being the smartest guy. I'm not either. It just comes from trying it and making mistakes. Just learn from your mistakes and you become way more knowledgeable than you would ever think. :) so ask all the question you need that haven't been answered in the above post! Lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
so ask all the question you need that haven't been answered in the above post! Lol

Haha thanks!
I know its probably personal opinion, IMT or Merc racing?
Or are they even that different?
Im talking with pro civic right now to maybe set me something up as far as the s/c kit goes.
Haha Im not trying to be picky or anything, I just dont wanna get this kit and something else cheaper/better come out, although Ive heard nothing but good things from this kit haha.

·
Registered
878 Posts
so ask all the question you need that haven't been answered in the above post! Lol

Haha thanks!
I know its probably personal opinion, IMT or Merc racing?
Or are they even that different?
Im talking with pro civic right now to maybe set me something up as far as the s/c kit goes.
Haha Im not trying to be picky or anything, I just dont wanna get this kit and something else cheaper/better come out, although Ive heard nothing good from this kit haha.
Well they both have the good points. I would say IMT has great parts fit and finish is amazing and the pump for the cooler is in the engine bay.

Merc racing is also a great product! Fit and finish is great as well. I will say the merc racing kit offers a bigger heat exchanger and I believe the core slightly and I mean slightly bigger as well the pump that is used on the merc racing kit is placed in the factory air box resonator location. You can't go wrong with either kit. The merc racing kit has faster turn around time depending on what and when you order.

Far as the kit itself, it's the cleans boosted application you can install! It is clean and fit and finished is flawless. The kit can make small gains and actually be carb legal meaning you can pass emission with the stage 1 kit and run all factory components! It can also be the power Hungary monster as well with all the added parts you can add. So you will be more than happy with the kit no matter how far you go or don't go. You can't go wrong with this kit at all!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well they both have the good points. I would say IMT has great parts fit and finish is amazing and the pump for the cooler is in the engine bay.

Merc racing is also a great product! Fit and finish is great as well. I will say the merc racing kit offers a bigger heat exchanger and I believe the core slightly and I mean slightly bigger as well the pump that is used on the merc racing kit is placed in the factory air box resonator location. You can't go wrong with either kit. The merc racing kit has faster turn around time depending on what and when you order.

Far as the kit itself, it's the cleans boosted application you can install! It is clean and fit and finished is flawless. The kit can make small gains and actually be carb legal meaning you can pass emission with the stage 1 kit and run all factory components! It can also be the power Hungary monster as well with all the added parts you can add. So you will be more than happy with the kit no matter how far you go or don't go. You can't go wrong with this kit at all!

Haha thanks!
Im talking with Jose from Merc, and their aftercooler kits are not available for another two weeks he thinks..
Their cheaper, and seem to be identical with IMT's? I don know.
Just waiting to hear back from him with a couple answers to some questions and if it goes good then buying the lot! haha.
Could you tell me what I would need to start doing as far as maintenance wise to keep it in great shape?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the great info. I plan on ordering the kit tomorrow (3.6 pulley) for my Ariel Atom k24z7 and have a few questions.

1. My car seems to run between 190-200. I wish it ran at 180, as I am always watching the temp. I believe this is due to the radiator being in the front, and the engine in the rear. I saw Mishimoto has a 140 thermostat, but I rather run a 160. What thermostat are you guys running, or what do you recommend for my situation?

2. I know some people are running the factory clutch, but if I were to upgrade, which one is recommended? I would like as close to stock pressure as possible. Oh, and is a lighter flywheel recommended? I do not plan on doing any other modifications to the motor, so just need a clutch that will handle 300hp.

3. My car came with the Hondata system. Do I just send that back to Hondata to reflash? Or will a tune take care of that? Who should I contact for the tuning, and does it need to be done on a dyno? That may be a rookie question, but this is my first time modifying a Honda motor.

Other than that, I will get the colder plugs, and guess I'll figure out the belt situation later on. I'm also hoping I don't need to make other modifications to the engine bay to make the blower fit. If you have any other prep suggestions, I would love to hear them (don't know if I'm missing anything).

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 3601 Posts