9th Gen Civic Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 3613 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Has anyone increased rev limit in combination with a 2.95 pulley? I'm curious if the blower could handle both the smaller pulley with 8000+ engine speed...
IÂ’m also very curious of this considering I want to do the same thing...
Raising the redline to above 7500 is asking for a bent rod even without the supercharger.
Let's say built motor wise. I wouldn't go above 7500 either. My redline currently with my blower is only 7100

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Looks good. Torque curve is nice and flat. Looks like ambient temp was much higher on the 2.95" pulley. I'm sure the car will feel even better in the cooler temps.

Did you retune for the smaller pulley? Afr is a bit more lean compared to the 3.6" run.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does anyone have a stock or fbo datalog of a 3rd gear wot for a e-dyno comparison? I was super excited to do a comparison from before the blower, then overlay it with a 3.6 and 2.95 but can’t find my stock datalog anywhere.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks good. Torque curve is nice and flat. Looks like ambient temp was much higher on the 2.95" pulley. I'm sure the car will feel even better in the cooler temps.

Did you retune for the smaller pulley? Afr is a bit more lean compared to the 3.6" run.
I retuned for E-40 which according to my tuner can run more lean without risk of detonation.
If anything the 3.6 pulley run was too rich. Looks like a Vit tune, but he is usually better at keeping the AFRs more consistent. I'm pretty sure he did that to be extra safe because of how bad those high IATs are for detonation.

2.95 is still right around 12:1 which is usually where you want it. Definitely would have tried to bring that area around 3000 RPM down, but if she ain't knocking it's all good.

Does anyone have a stock or fbo datalog of a 3rd gear wot for a e-dyno comparison? I was super excited to do a comparison from before the blower, then overlay it with a 3.6 and 2.95 but can’t find my stock datalog anywhere.
When I get on my laptop later I'll send you my old mild bolt-on one.

·
Registered
91 Posts

I retuned for E-40 which according to my tuner can run more lean without risk of detonation.
If anything the 3.6 pulley run was too rich. Looks like a Vit tune, but he is usually better at keeping the AFRs more consistent. I'm pretty sure he did that to be extra safe because of how bad those high IATs are for detonation.

2.95 is still right around 12:1 which is usually where you want it. Definitely would have tried to bring that area around 3000 RPM down, but if she ain't knocking it's all good.

When I get on my laptop later I'll send you my old mild bolt-on one.
Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here's a comparison between a 3.6" pulley in red, a 2.95" pulley with IMT charge-air-cooler in green, and Bwil's mild bolt on in blue. It seems the blower with the 3.6 " pulley doesn't seem to make much more power then na til after 5000 rpm. The 2.95" pulley definitely shines in the midrange. It made 100 lbs/ft of torque over the 3.6" pulley at 4700 rpm, but then starts to drop after and the 3.6" has a flat torque curve the entire pull. At 7000 rpm the 2.95" has 50 more torque then the 3.6". STAGE1_STAGE_3_FBO.jpg

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Is it dropping boost in the upper rpm? Maybe the blower is losing efficiency at that rpm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm getting very close to finishing putting together my CT supercharger kit I bought it used so had to piece a couple of things together. I have a lot of questions that could probably be answered by just having an install guide or install instructions. Anyone know where I can find these? I tried asking a couple of websites that carried the kit but I haven't been lucky.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'm getting very close to finishing putting together my CT supercharger kit I bought it used so had to piece a couple of things together. I have a lot of questions that could probably be answered by just having an install guide or install instructions. Anyone know where I can find these? I tried asking a couple of websites that carried the kit but I haven't been lucky.
Parts list
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9wPI-wwnEoqv_HBnw-pBf2Zi9Mfp9L6/view?usp=drivesdk

Install instructions
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0TuRlhgFTsfp4-7gwAkF76p8ciY3-wm/view?usp=drivesdk

Let us know how the install goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently sourced a used CT-E kit, and would like to replace all the o-rings. I have the sizes, just unsure of the material they used. Nitrile or viton seem to make sense, can anyone with experience chime in as to what came with the kit, or what is recommended?

3581 - 3600 of 3613 Posts