9th Gen Civic Forum banner

3601 - 3605 of 3605 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I recently sourced a used CT-E kit, and would like to replace all the o-rings. I have the sizes, just unsure of the material they used. Nitrile or viton seem to make sense, can anyone with experience chime in as to what came with the kit, or what is recommended?
Viton is what you should look for. Has a much higher heat resistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Hondata is registering knock when driving under 3K. The knock is primary on "KCount2" is this normal? Should I maybe try different spark plugs I currently have NGK (1422) ILKR8E6. Thanks.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Is your ac on? It's common to get false on #2 Since the sensor is mounted close there.

Also, who tuned the car? Did they tune the part throttle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
My Hondata is registering knock when driving under 3K. The knock is primary on "KCount2" is this normal? Should I maybe try different spark plugs I currently have NGK (1422) ILKR8E6. Thanks.
Is your ac on? It's common to get false on #2 Since the sensor is mounted close there.

Also, who tuned the car? Did they tune the part throttle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Post up a datalog if you want and we can go over it. As dpetro1 explained, false knock on a supercharger setup under casual driving can be common if the tables for detecting it aren't modified appropriately. If you aren't seeing anything (or hearing anything) out of the ordinary on the logs during the "knock" event then it is most likely false knock.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with those plugs. I've been using them a while. They should look and perform well provided the engine is healthy and the tune is on point.

3601 - 3605 of 3605 Posts