9th Gen Civic Forum banner

3601 - 3613 of 3613 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I recently sourced a used CT-E kit, and would like to replace all the o-rings. I have the sizes, just unsure of the material they used. Nitrile or viton seem to make sense, can anyone with experience chime in as to what came with the kit, or what is recommended?
Viton is what you should look for. Has a much higher heat resistance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Hondata is registering knock when driving under 3K. The knock is primary on "KCount2" is this normal? Should I maybe try different spark plugs I currently have NGK (1422) ILKR8E6. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Is your ac on? It's common to get false on #2 Since the sensor is mounted close there.

Also, who tuned the car? Did they tune the part throttle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Hondata is registering knock when driving under 3K. The knock is primary on "KCount2" is this normal? Should I maybe try different spark plugs I currently have NGK (1422) ILKR8E6. Thanks.
Is your ac on? It's common to get false on #2 Since the sensor is mounted close there.

Also, who tuned the car? Did they tune the part throttle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Post up a datalog if you want and we can go over it. As dpetro1 explained, false knock on a supercharger setup under casual driving can be common if the tables for detecting it aren't modified appropriately. If you aren't seeing anything (or hearing anything) out of the ordinary on the logs during the "knock" event then it is most likely false knock.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with those plugs. I've been using them a while. They should look and perform well provided the engine is healthy and the tune is on point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Post up a datalog if you want and we can go over it. As dpetro1 explained, false knock on a supercharger setup under casual driving can be common if the tables for detecting it aren't modified appropriately. If you aren't seeing anything (or hearing anything) out of the ordinary on the logs during the "knock" event then it is most likely false knock.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with those plugs. I've been using them a while. They should look and perform well provided the engine is healthy and the tune is on point.
Thanks, BWill9886 I spoke with my tuner JaviTune and he said that it was due to the torque load at low rpm. He said that its fine, and gave me some tips on changing my driving style now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks, BWill9886 I spoke with my tuner JaviTune and he said that it was due to the torque load at low rpm. He said that its fine, and gave me some tips on changing my driving style now.
I had the same issue. It all depends on the quality of gas in your area. I use 6 ounces of Boostane per tank for peace of mind. If you have E-85 in your area that would work too. I don’t like the idea of having knock. You shouldn’t have to change your driving style on your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've worked exclusively with Nate Haines of CT-Engineering in the development and (mostly) testing for the 2012+ CT-e Supercharger kit. It was an amazing experience working and collaborating with CT-Engineering, Hondata and Vitaliy Mikitchenko (aka VitViper) on this kit. It's been a great success and proving to be a very popular forced induction option for 9th Generation SI's, many of the owners being active members on this forum.

This thread was created with the intention of providing user feedback to potential buyers and existing owners in answering any questions they may have about this kit.

08nhpbfa5 and I both have installed these kits (and then some) to our vehicles personally and feel that we would be confident in answering questions based on our experience first hand.

A couple of highlights about this kit:

-3.8" 3.6" and 3.15" pulleys are available when you purchase the kit. 3.6" and 3.15" being the most popular option providing 7PSI and 10PSI respectively.

-3.8" and 3.6" pulleys will operate with your OEM factory serpentine belt.

-3.15" pulley will require a 1640mm (65.56 inch) to a 1658mm (65.3 inch) serpentine belt.

-You will need a 7-ribbed/micro grooved belt.

-Popular available belts include Gates and Goodyear.

-Both IMT and MercRacing have an aftercooler solution for this kit, although some modification may be required as they may or may not have a positive mounting solution for the 9th generation civic.

-3.15" pulley is capable of generating power in 300WHP+ range.

-The kit requires no modification to your fuel pump or regulator.

-I've had 5,000 trouble-free miles on this kit thus far on the stock OEM clutch.

-With additional upgrades to the popular M62 blower such as an even smaller pulley (2.95"), porting and snout cooling we suspect this kit may break the 400WHP mark.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have.
I was wondering if anyone has a link or product number to the necessary serpentine belt for the 3.15 pulley? Also will the car run without an aftercooler for the 3.15 pulley with normal driving in weather under 75 degrees?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What clutch masters clutch would you guys recommend? I just ordered a fx300 but nervous I made the wrong choice was also looking at the fx350. I’m not sure on my whp/tq numbers as I know that would be a huge help on selection. Based off other builds similar to mine what would you recommend?Ct-e SC 3.15 pulley vits aftercooler, 1000cc injectors, prl cai, zdx TB, catless Dp FR exhaust. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What clutch masters clutch would you guys recommend? I just ordered a fx300 but nervous I made the wrong choice was also looking at the fx350. I’m not sure on my whp/tq numbers as I know that would be a huge help on selection. Based off other builds similar to mine what would you recommend?Ct-e SC 3.15 pulley vits aftercooler, 1000cc injectors, prl cai, zdx TB, catless Dp FR exhaust. Thanks in advance.
I have talked to a few guys with setups similar to yours that recommended the FX300. I know Resses_cars as well as 15WhiteSi were running the FX300.

·
Registered
566 Posts
fx300 will be fine. When I was at 384whp/312wtq, it held up just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

3601 - 3613 of 3613 Posts