Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Stock ride height for life!!

Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters
181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
For now I plan on getting Eibach Pro Kit springs for my 2014 Si until Tein Street Advance coilovers are released. The camber kit should be installed on the same day when lowering springs are or I how to wait a week or two? thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always wanted to lower my previous cars but haven't until I got my 9th. My vote is for coils. Complete suspension system that can handle the drop unlike OEM struts which are meant for stock height. Being able to adjust height and stiffness was a huge selling point for me so I can go higher in the winter if I need to. Also coil install is easier than spring install. Can easily be done by yourself in less than a day. Sure it costs more but you're looking at similar costs to replace OEM struts in 30-40k miles. And if you're going with coils, go for quality! Don't cheap out!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didnt springs only 1 time, that was enough to tell me that coils are the only to go. Have installed coilovers since and never been happier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For now I plan on getting Eibach Pro Kit springs for my 2014 Si until Tein Street Advance coilovers are released. The camber kit should be installed on the same day when lowering springs are or I how to wait a week or two? thanks
You don't have to install at the same time, but If I could go back, I would've done it that way. The reason I waited to buy the camber arms is because I was told "it depends" if you need them or not. I installed the coils and got an alignment. The car settled and had uneven camber so I bought camber arms and got another alignment. The car will settle after a week or so from that alignment, so I will have to go into Firestone again for a third alignment. Good thing I purchased the lifetime.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the 2014 Si sedan. Its a dd for me and I'm sure I won't be taking it to the track or doing any performance driving while I'm stuck in Los Angeles traffic. Springs... just havent decided on BC or Eibach yet. I want it dropped maybe 2in and then add an HFP kit.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I have the 2014 Si sedan. Its a dd for me and I'm sure I won't be taking it to the track or doing any performance driving while I'm stuck in Los Angeles traffic. Springs... just havent decided on BC or Eibach yet. I want it dropped maybe 2in and then add an HFP kit.
Sounds good.
I suggest riding in a Si, with the spring kit you think you want, before doing your's.
You may change your mind...

·
Registered
62 Posts
@Teeps

You think so? I've heard from a couple of people that some springs lower your car but drive like stock suspension. What's your two cents on that?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
@Teeps

You think so? I've heard from a couple of people that some springs lower your car but drive like stock suspension.
What's your two cents on that?
Removing 2 inches from the suspension travel, by way of shorter springs, does not come without compromise, just say'n.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't know why anyone would change it to those if they drive like stock suspension. What's the point?
He means the comfortability wise. They do increase handling and reduce body roll. Depends on what springs you go with. There is a compromise and the car will ride rougher than stock springs will. That goes for anything you lower though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recommendations for lowering springs or adjustable Coilovers?

Any good recommendations for lowering springs for a 2012 Civic SI FG4? I only want to drop it about an inch from stock, because its my daily and I do a fair amount of highway driving, so it needs to stay comfortable, but it sits too high with the stock springs IMO. I have looked at the Eibach spring kits, and H&R but not sure what would get me the result I want. I want to upgrade the handling of my FG4 before I even go near adding power, besides a simple CAI. If anyone has any suggestions and/ or pictures of what theyve done to their FG4's to help the handling, please post below or shoot me a message.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
Merged.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,102 Posts
181 - 197 of 197 Posts