21 - 40 of 197 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I'd go coilovers

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
depends but I would say alot...more like $500 difference.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Well, depends on the type of car too...

I rember I got my decent set of Tein Basic Coilovers for my EP3 brand new for $700. Now it is more like $1000.

·
Registered
246 Posts
coilovers r kind of too expensive for me
i wanna get something like the eibach pro-kit spings+dampers set, since i heard that aftermarket springs would stress on the stock dampers

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i wanna get something like the eibach pro-kit spings+dampers set, since i heard that aftermarket springs would stress on the stock dampers
I've seen some civics on eibach springs, its a nice drop not too low. That kit is def the way to go if you're getting springs, if you don't update the dampers you risk damage D:

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've seen some civics on eibach springs, its a nice drop not too low. That kit is def the way to go if you're getting springs, if you don't update the dampers you risk damage D:

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
do u know if the eibach dampers would fit on the SI? cus i tried looking it up on tirerack, but they didnt show the dampers+springs as a set. they only showed the springs.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
do u know if the eibach dampers would fit on the SI? cus i tried looking it up on tirerack, but they didnt show the dampers+springs as a set. they only showed the springs.
Honestly I'm not really sure lol What you could do is call the company or their hot line and ask them. I think they would work, but it never hurts to ask, or maybe some other member on this site would know

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the HFP kit is like the ones for the 8th, I'll go with that. I don't want to mess around too much.

Otherwise, I'll do whatever Xtreme Thunder is doing :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd use the 2012 for the track, so it would have to be coils for me!

My 2008 is on springs/shocks that I'm really friggin happy with though (tien s-tech/koni)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have always ran just springs with my modded cars..and have been very happy with the results and life spand..thinking of trying coilovers tho this time around if I get the civic..I think springs are good for a all year around car tho..unless you live in a place that doesn't have snow etc! ahh

·
Registered
423 Posts
I Love eibach! very reliable, durable springs..has done me right presently and in the past many times!

Ya you can always upgrade the shocks right away or do it when its time..that's usally determined on how low you planning on going. Camber Kits etc is also something you gotta think about when lowering your car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
^do you know if the pro kit dampers will fit on the Si as well?
im actually planning on getting the prokit springs+dampers+front and rear sway bars
i want it to be a bit lower but not obvious, and i also want a decent ride since i live in downtown and the road here is ROUGH!
a friend of mine told me that i dont need camber kits for the pro kit, is that right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
^ I've heard that people are pretty unsatisfied with their pro-kits... I personally have a pair of s-techs on my 08, which made for a very bouncy ride with the stock shocks (stock shocks on 8thgen non-si are really really really bad). A fair set of shocks will cost around 3-400 USD... Although it's well worth the improvement in my opinion.

I use my car as a DD and I drive 400miles in a trip to/from school a few times a year, so it's a comfortable drive. My S-techs are paired with koni shocks (~$550USD) and I don't have any complaints for it as a street set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
^do you know if the pro kit dampers will fit on the Si as well?
im actually planning on getting the prokit springs+dampers+front and rear sway bars
i want it to be a bit lower but not obvious, and i also want a decent ride since i live in downtown and the road here is ROUGH!
a friend of mine told me that i dont need camber kits for the pro kit, is that right?
not sure about that fitment yet because of how its too soon to tell..can look into that tho!

And for the height your looking for Pro-Kit would be good if you wanna go with eibach..not extremely low, good for a everyday driver..pro-kit delivered a nice drop on the 8th gen civics. People believe anything lower then 1.5 area should receive a camber kit. Pro kit - no camber kit, Sportlines - Yes!

Eibach pro-kit is what I used on two of my civics, and previous cars

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
eibach kits are good for dd but just remember to swap out the oem shocks/struts as they are not meant to be with aftermarket lowering springs.

·
Registered
423 Posts
eibach kits are good for dd but just remember to swap out the oem shocks/struts as they are not meant to be with aftermarket lowering springs.
sure aftermarket shocks make more of a difference..but you "dont" have to get aftermarket shocks for eibachs lowering springs. A majority if the people dont. Deff dont with the pro kit and some people dont even run them with the sportlines even tho I would recommend it!

one of my previous cars was a 95 Mazda Millenia S..which my dad owned before I got it..he lowered using the pro-kit after 6 months of buying the car..so basically 15years without a problem!..untill it was written off.

21 - 40 of 197 Posts