Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Stock ride height for life!!

Votes: 19 15.7%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well it just depends on how much you're willing to spend. Coilovers offer more customization so you'll be able to retain ride quality while achieving much better handling but at a significantly higher cost. Lowering springs to me were always the half assed "I want it now" approach. Theyre much much much cheaper but if it were me I'd save a few more weeks and do it right.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Jay.

We have 8 1/2 million threads on springs, coilovers, and springs and coilovers. Use the Search, or just go to the Suspension section, and look around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Geez it's hard.. I was looking to get if springs some tein. If coilover then megan. But I do want to drop it tho it looks nasty right now so high up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well last week I installed Eibach sportline springs on my 2014 Si coupe and my car became clunky like hell. I went to two different places just to make sure everything was installed correctly and it is. They told me there is:banghead: no possible way to stop that noise unless I'm going to get aftermarket shocks. Every little bump on the road makes me feel like I'm driving 20 year old pile of crap. This is my first car with aftermarket springs, I had coilovers on my previous, so do yourself a favor and get good quality coils. It's funny, because when I ordered my springs only GodSpeed had coils for 2014 and then few weeks later d2 and Ksport released their set.:pat:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've had a car on Tein springs and another on Skunk2 Pro S series coilovers and the springs were a lot more comfortable. However, you'll get a better stance with coilovers.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Call me crazy but my progressive Teins not only improved look and handling but the ride quality was BETTER than stock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in the same boat as u have a 2014 si sedan I drive the same miles a day I've had my car since June and put 8500 miles on it so far, I want to lower it also but can't decide between springs and coilovers, also would I need a camber kit for springs onky? I was thinking skunk 2,springs

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm in the same boat as u have a 2014 si sedan I drive the same miles a day I've had my car since June and put 8500 miles on it so far, I want to lower it also but can't decide between springs and coilovers, also would I need a camber kit for springs onky? I was thinking skunk 2,springs
Camber kit is recommended with a mild drop. Skunk2 is pretty low if I remember correctly so you'll want a CK.

Better to do it right the first time. It will save you money in the long run without premature tire wear.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, if I were you I would just get the ebaich sportlines if you wana go lower. Skunk 2 springs are just cheap in price.Idk the quality though. But alot of people on here have the sportline springs and like them alot.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Call me crazy but my progressive Teins not only improved look and handling but the ride quality was BETTER than stock.
I just came across your car in the Tein suspension thread and man that thing looks perfect. I was on the fence going back and forth between H&R and Tein and after I saw your car I'm definitely getting the Tein's. It looks good man. I just need to get my hands on some SI rims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Help!!!! Coilovers or Lowering springs?

I need help!!! I want to drop my car but I don't know what way to go. I don't mind spending the money I just want my ride to be great & not hear noise or any issues. I have a family so I don't want a messed up ride but fixing my car is a hobby & my baby. What brand is good either springs or coils & what should I get coils or springs!?/:

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Wasn't there just a thread on this a few days ago? It had a video or something that someone should consider before lowering. I think there was also some healthy discussion on the topic within the thread too.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
DW, don't you know that it is against the law to read through previous posts - iow, research and investigate - a site before posting a question that has already been asked eight thousand times previously? You could go to jail/go directly to jail/do not pass go/do not collect $200 for braking this law.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts