Registered
292 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha no thanks. I saw his video & it's alright. But everyone has different opinions & not everyone believes what he's saying. I am asking just to have a convo of suspensions but hey no one told u to answer. But thanks anyways!

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
That was the one I was thinking about. Thanks. You saved me the hassle of searching for about 30 seconds to find it.

Haha no thanks. I saw his video & it's alright. But everyone has different opinions & not everyone believes what he's saying. I am asking just to have a convo of suspensions but hey no one told u to answer. But thanks anyways!
Where do I begin. Yes, there will generally be differing opinions on almost everything: suspension, forced induction, OEM vs aftermarket, coupe vs sedan, wheels, tires, and the list goes on. Whatever you want to do with your car is fine. After all, you're the one who will have to live with listening to jeers or compliments based on how ridiculous or cool it looks.

It has been said that opinions are like buttholes: everyone has one. Some people have two. If you ask a question, expect for people to answer it. If you don't like their answer you have a few options: 1 ignore it and do whatever you had planned on doing before you asked seeking other members' approval and validation, or 2 heed the advice given. If you're asking it is probably because you don't know the answer. If people answer it is probably because they are smarter than you or have more experience. I'm not saying you're an idiot; we all have our strengths and weaknesses and I'm sure you know more about something than other members on the forum.

Though you've been a member for about a year now your last post was your 14th post, which puts you at a little over 1 post per month, which means you're not very active on the forum. My advice (that you're probably not going to take so you can just stop reading now if you'd like) to you and all other new members is to spend some time browsing through the different sub-forums and read up on stuff. There are tons of threads and posts about a lot of different stuff. The forum has been around for a few years and has collected a lot of information, to the point where almost everything has been discussed ad nauseam which is why guys like me, sean, scotty who have been around for a while are telling you to search. Or you could always just ask the question and then limit who answers.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I need help!!! I want to drop my car but I don't know what way to go. I don't mind spending the money I just want my ride to be great & not hear noise or any issues. I have a family so I don't want a messed up ride but fixing my car is a hobby & my baby. What brand is good either springs or coils & what should I get coils or springs!?/:

you want a decent drop (1.5") good ride & no noise, go with h&r springs, $220 shipped for a set is very affordable

your stock shocks should last you about 35,000miles~45,000miles depends on the driver, the road & the load... after that, oem replacement should be around $200 for a lightly used or $400 for a brand new set...

installation shouldn't be more than $150, in l.a. we pay $100 for installation..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kool thanks for your help. Unfortunately my drive time every day I am looking about 60 miles a day so idk how much time will springs last on me. I don't think it last me that long. But again thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Springs sound like a good idea if you are going to be driving the car a lot. I know I wouldn't run coilovers on my daily again... I guess I'm too old and I can't take the harsh(er) ride. haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had buddy club coilovers on my 07 Fit sport. They where real nice and all but didn't really do anything with them. What I mean is play with their damping, messing around with ride height or tracked my car with them. I just put them on and lowered it and didn't touch them again. Now with my SI I don't want to put so much money in it so I went Eibach Sportlines and have no regrets with them.

·
Registered
838 Posts
you want a decent drop (1.5") good ride & no noise, go with h&r springs, $220 shipped for a set is very affordable

your stock shocks should last you about 35,000miles~45,000miles depends on the driver, the road & the load... after that, oem replacement should be around $200 for a lightly used or $400 for a brand new set...

installation shouldn't be more than $150, in l.a. we pay $100 for installation..

This man speaks the truth! trust team3d

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
And yet others have said that H&R are harsh, and the Eibach pro-kit is a not-as-harsh a ride.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
And yet others have said that H&R are harsh, and the Eibach pro-kit is a not-as-harsh a ride.
They are definitely a more sport oriented ride. Harsh is pretty accurate on the city streets, but highway riding is perfect which is where I spend 90% of my driving. They were the right application for my situation.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
They are definitely a more sport oriented ride. Harsh is pretty accurate on the city streets, but highway riding is perfect which is where I spend 90% of my driving. They were the right application for my situation.
Yes, environment is key. For me, H&R would be too too, due to local surface streets.

·
Banned
601 Posts
Have you considered Swift springs?
They're supposedly very streetable from the couple of reviews I've seen (although they seem to be $80 or so pricier than Eibach or H&R springs).
I'm just really worried about any noise that may result from cracking apart the factory-installed suspension.
I cannot recommend coilovers on a street car.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
They're supposedly very streetable from the couple of reviews I've seen (although they seem to be $80 or so pricier than Eibach or H&R springs).
I'm just really worried about any noise that may result from cracking apart the factory-installed suspension.
Swift is a good product from the reviews I've come across on here. The additional money is probably worth it in this case. Not always, but most times you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sigh dude look it up lol there's tons of stickies for this reason. You want the drop but still want a stock ride quality, you're gonna have to go with springs. Eibach will give you that, or H&R. It will be more bouncy, but there's no magical formula to suspension.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

we never heard swift springs makes noise....

usually noises are caused from improper installation..

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
This thread is for the much-asked generic question: Should I get springs or coilovers? New threads with this generic question will be merged here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
was talking to my friend who have an evo and mod alot he told me get a coilovers for long term because spring dont last long.. but at the same time planning to buy swift spring on my SI 2015. im kinda confused now. who to follow and believe. :( .. all i want is to lessen the wheel gap . im only using my car on daily drive and no plan on track

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Question for someone who has the Twin Advance Springs for their fb6, any remorse or do they give you everything you wanted in a lowering spring? Also how's the ride quality and the drop?

161 - 180 of 197 Posts