9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
New Coilovers

scottyrocks said:
**The Official 'What Coilovers Should I Get?' Thread

This thread is for the multitude of new threads asking what coilovers to get. New threads with this question will be merged here.
So I'm looking for some new coilovers i want to lower my car. I need some help if someone can help me find a great pair for under $1000. I live in socal San fernando valley if anyone is familiar with that area. I need coil overs that basically work like stock, that last long and are great. Ive been searching but there are so many to choose from i would like to get advice from people who already bought coilovers. Im not looking for springs i want coilovers lol. I have a 2013 Civic si sedan Thank for the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Teins or BC's fit your criteria. Take a look in the suspension section. There are stickies for each.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coilovers?

I'm looking to buy coils for my 2013, yay! I'm looking into D2s, but there are so many to choose from I'm not sure which ones I want. Suggestions/reviews/opinions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
new coilovers, need some help

Ive never dealed with coilovers before so what are some pointers for my 2012 black civic si 4dr?

Also, i want new rims, what should i look for to be able tochave a clean stance with my wheels...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,413 Posts
Hey, chase, welcome to 9th gen.

You can get a very good idea of what's out there if you click on Forums, and then on the subject area you are interested in, such as Wheels and Tires, and Suspension, and then start reading. Even if you don't a pinpointed answer, you will educate yourself greatly. And it's fun because it's so cool.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Well....first of all, welcome to the website. I think that we would need a bit more information about you in order to help you out. For instance, what kind of coilovers are you looking at? D2, Ksport, Tein, Buddy Club, etc.... There are some group buys going on in this website which may be cheaper than other places.

The search bar is a great tool and I bet you'll find a lot of information about the different setups on there. Also, check out the FS section for used coils.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
you can also check with our vendors here.

Reactions: 9thcoupesi

·
Registered
16 Posts
LF coilovers

Wtb coilovers or maybe even just springs. What would b better planning on building my civic eventually in winter or next spring waiting to buy a turbo kit and lots of other goodies but first going to get my car ready with supporting mods. Everything is stock. Looking to lower first then exhaust cold air short shift clutch. Planning on turboing my stock motor first then running that tilll it goes then it's time to build but first off I want to lower my car and look for a exhaust. So any suggestions on a nice set of coilovers or springs even would b appreciated. I want it low but not to low. Prolly somewhere around stock wheels and tires with Zero wheel gap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,413 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen. Check out the Suspension and Brakes section of the forum. Much good info there.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I havent heard of any issues so far and for recommendations I like BC Racing Coilovers(and no BC does not stand for Buddy Club) but price wise I dont know I know that the Megan Coilovers are like 899 I think which are priced well so really it comes down to what you like and can afford

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,413 Posts
We have many threads in the Suspension section that deal with coilovers. I suggest taking a look there. You will most likely find lots of useful information.

And welcome to 9th gen.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Best coilovers?

I'm looking to get some coilovers for my 12 Si and I'm not really sure what brands are good? This may have been asked before and I've done a couple of searching but I want to hear from people that already have/had a couple of coilovers or experience with them. I'm looking for:

Smooth ride (not bouncing everywhere)
Nothing that's going to make noise when going over speed bumps etc...

Also I'm not looking to spend over $1000. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

1 - 20 of 148 Posts