9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished up this kit for you guys. it includes everything you need to make the RBC 100% bolt on if you use older 2006-2011 injectors, or are upgrading to something like the ID injectors. everything is o-ringed for a perfect seal every time. No welding or modifying the peanut shaped coolant passage or having to block off the iacv port at the throttle body. as an added bonus, the throttle body adapter also acts as a throttle body spacer and includes the proper fitting for the evap system. kit includes all of the hardware you need to install it, including the elusive plug for the coolant air assist valve that is found on the top of the rbc manifold that only the 2006-2011 uses.

also, we're offering a service to bore out the RBC manifolds injector bores so the 2012 injectors will fit right in. This aleviates the need to source 06-11 injectors and plugs. If you go with this service, you can still upgrade in the future to larger bosch style injectors by using the seals that we include in the injectors we use with our turbo kits. If you're upgrading injectors at the same time as installing the manifold, then the service really isn't needed.

here is the link to the kit on our site:

2012+ Civic SI RBC intake manifold adapter kit | Prl Motorsports

and here are the pictures for everyone to check out. as always, feel free to ask any questions and we'll do our best to answer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
hell yea good job!

·
Registered
63 Posts
That looks really nice! Very clean install..

Sent from my corded Southwestern Bell pulse rotary telephone.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just put my order in! Can't wait to get my car out of the garage this spring now!! 1 question...I have the AFE intake and have seen pics of the RBC using this intake. So what was needed to allow the intake to bolt to the TB?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know that RRC ($449 shipped, ebay) ~ 2x RBC ($220, PRL). There is not much HP gain with RRC (~+7hp depending on various factors) over RBC. The latter has more bang for the buck. Yes. Yes. But, I like to sort out all of my options before making a decision.

It looks like the adapter kit will also work for RRC manifold, right?

The Throttle Body Spacer (TBS) covers the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve (a.k.a. IACV) on the RBC manifold anyway. The RRC does NOT have this IACV port. Perhaps the spacer isn't even needed with RRC?

Please ignore the RRC price. And yeah, I wish.

The side that bolts to the head looks similar if not the same.

What are the other pros and cons of using one over the other?
Which manifold will Forced Induction application be more happy with? Insignificant difference?
Was the adapter kit designed so that the final swap will still fit with the stock intake and/or aftermarket ones such as Greddy?
What is the bore size of ___?
  • the RBC port that hooks up to the Throttle Body
  • stock Throttle Body
Throttle Body Spacer Bore Size {stock, 72 mm} <-- I'm thinking stock is port matched to stock TB. If so, then what is 72 mm for?

This is implied --> Upgraded, ID, or "larger bosch style" injectors fits the current bore of RBC.

Would polished (inside) RBC give more power?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Been waiting on this. Looks great. Now need money

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Does this make the RBC also compatible with current Stock and Aftermarket intake setups as well?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the rbc might be able to work with the stock airbox, but a different intake tube would have to be fabbed up from the box to the throttle body. the rbc puts the throttle body in a different location than the stock 2012 location. a 2006-2011 aftermarket intake should fit with minor trimming.

we do possibly have a short ram intake w/ velocity stack in the works to go with the rbc manifold. only problem is our test car is already turbo charged so it's hard for us to get dyno results on these items :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just put my order in! Can't wait to get my car out of the garage this spring now!! 1 question...I have the AFE intake and have seen pics of the RBC using this intake. So what was needed to allow the intake to bolt to the TB?
do you have a picture of the intake so i can see what might need to be done to make it fit?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know that RRC ($449 shipped, ebay) ~ 2x RBC ($220, PRL). There is not much HP gain with RRC (~+7hp depending on various factors) over RBC. The latter has more bang for the buck. Yes. Yes. But, I like to sort out all of my options before making a decision.

It looks like the adapter kit will also work for RRC manifold, right?

The Throttle Body Spacer (TBS) covers the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve (a.k.a. IACV) on the RBC manifold anyway. The RRC does NOT have this IACV port. Perhaps the spacer isn't even needed with RRC?

Please ignore the RRC price. And yeah, I wish.

The side that bolts to the head looks similar if not the same.

What are the other pros and cons of using one over the other?
Which manifold will Forced Induction application be more happy with? Insignificant difference?
Was the adapter kit designed so that the final swap will still fit with the stock intake and/or aftermarket ones such as Greddy?
What is the bore size of ___?
  • the RBC port that hooks up to the Throttle Body
  • stock Throttle Body
Throttle Body Spacer Bore Size {stock, 72 mm} <-- I'm thinking stock is port matched to stock TB. If so, then what is 72 mm for?

This is implied --> Upgraded, ID, or "larger bosch style" injectors fits the current bore of RBC.

Would polished (inside) RBC give more power?

it doesn't look like you would need the throttle body spacer with the rrc. the head to manifold adapter would work great for the rrc as well.

the 72 mm throttle body spacer we are making since we know skunk 2 had a 72 throttle body for 8th gen. the 72 would work great for the oem 70 mm throttle bodies like the TL throttle body.

·
Registered
63 Posts
we do possibly have a short ram intake w/ velocity stack in the works to go with the rbc manifold. only problem is our test car is already turbo charged so it's hard for us to get dyno results on these items :(
I could probably lend my Si on a weekend trip if you need help finding a test car :icon_wave:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any idea if the K&N sri would still fit with the different throttle body location?

more than likely it won't without modifications. however, i don't know what they use for silicone to connect it to the throttle body, so it may fit with some tweaking

·
Registered
238 Posts
What about the Vacuum Hose (3/8) and Vacuum “T” Connector? I was informed that I'll need these to make it work as well. Thank you

I have the injen CAI and the p2r throttle body spacer

1 - 20 of 521 Posts