9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Unless you drive one or were unreasonably influenced by the first few films of the Fast and Furious franchise, the Honda Civic is a car you probably rarely ever think about.

The Civic is the automotive equivalent of wallpaper, a compact so successful and ubiquitous that even if you’ve never been an owner yourself, you undoubtedly know at least one person who has this affordable Honda parked in their driveway.
Read more about the The Road Travelled: History of the Honda Civic at AutoGuide.com.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,092 Posts
Back in the '70s, a friend of mine used to drive his Mom's 1st gen Civic, and he let me drive it on occasion. Even back then, they were cool little cars - much more fun than my anciently engineered '71 Corolla with RWD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Back in the '70s, a friend of mine used to drive his Mom's 1st gen Civic, and he let me drive it on occasion. Even back then, they were cool little cars - much more fun than my anciently engineered '71 Corolla with RWD.
Could you not afford the celica? They had a much bigger engine. Believe it went up to 2.2.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,092 Posts
Could you not afford the celica? They had a much bigger engine. Believe it went up to 2.2.
It was my first car. My neighbor across the street was selling it. It was a manual. It was just the right thing to do at the time.

I loved that car. I traded it to a mechanic for another car when I crashed it. I'm sorry I didn't trade it back (with some cash) when it was fixed. But I was perennially dirt broke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts