9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EX Sedan Bumper will fit the LX Sedan

Hey guys, just as the title says, an EX front bumper will fit the LX sedan. For ppl who wanted to replace their front LX bumpers for the EX due to an accident or damage or just wanna switch it out, it will fit. Got my LX fitted with a brand new EX bumper 2 weeks ago due to some damage on it from an accident a while back. Some of yall already know this but there are a few of you guys that are still sketchy on it so thought ill let you guys know ;). Just laugh at the Parts guy at your Honda dealership when they say it won't fit due to parts #s being different. Only for ppl who want foglights in the future, makes installation easier.

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
virtually no difference between the two other than cutouts for fog lights on the ex
yup, its silly how some honda dealerships try to make you buy a bumper that is originally on your car from the factory when in reality, its the same thing.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
yup, its silly how some honda dealerships try to make you buy a bumper that is originally on your car from the factory when in reality, its the same thing.
Technically, the bumper started as a LX and made into a EX :p. Logically it makes sense since it goes with the trim level as the trunk for the LX does not have a third light and the EX does.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Technically, the bumper started as a LX and made into a EX :p. Logically it makes sense since it goes with the trim level as the trunk for the LX does not have a third light and the EX does.
Just to clarify, they're talking about sedans. This third brake light is only on the EX coupe.

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey im just wondering how much did it cost you for the ex bumper?
300 for the bumper unpainted, and paint/labor brought the final total to 700 i think.

@pks2012lx: i honestly wouldnt suggest you buying a brand new bumper if you wanted to do foglights, thats what im assuming when you're asking to order one for an LX, because the LX has markings on the reverse side of the front bumper to cut out to install the fog housings. just take it off and do it yourself or you can go to a dealership to ask them to do it but it would cost much more money. if you have damage on your LX and want to replace with the EX bumper, just go to the parts manager or whoever at the dealership that deals with replacement parts and ask to order an EX bumper + the fog housing and fog blanks (the blank parts on the EX if you dont plan to install fogs) instead of an LX.

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh wow. Yeah, i went to a different dealership in my town from where i got my car and got it cheaper. Just call around to other dealerships that service hondas and getthe cheapest one you can find

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey all,

I was just in a 4 car collision due to the drunk driver behind me, not braking or stopping at a red light. And I need a new front and rear bumper, among other things. But I wanna do my own fog lights and I figured it'd be easier with the holes already there. Will a EX bumper fit on my LX? Or will it be too wide or short?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
All 2012 bumpers from all trim levels fit each other (DX, LX, EX, SI).

Also the hole is outlined in the back of the bumper.... its not hard to cut it out. Then again I know some people that are terrible are craftsmanship and then of course I dont want you losing a finger..... :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, I have to get new bumpers anyway so I might as well just get the premade holes hahah :p I am doing the installation of my fogs and hids myself, just gotta get paid a few times over haha.
Thank you.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Well, I have to get new bumpers anyway so I might as well just get the premade holes hahah :p I am doing the installation of my fogs and hids myself, just gotta get paid a few times over haha.
Thank you.
if you need to replace your headlights, you should ask the body shop to order the factory projectors on ebay and you pay the $250 difference...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Alright, I will check into that. Thanks.
stock is $600 a pair, projectors are $850 a pair, you only need to pay $250 difference, if your body shop won't do it, there is 100's of other body shop will do it, you can also get modulo grill, carbon fiber hood etc.... aslong as you pay for the difference (if it's more expensive) most of the time, if the body shop value your business, they will do it..

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's awesome team3d. I really appreciate that. I need projectors. I want HID's but I don't wanna just drop them in the stock housing. So this would help me out anyways.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
That's awesome team3d. I really appreciate that. I need projectors. I want HID's but I don't wanna just drop them in the stock housing. So this would help me out anyways.
np, collisions damages sucks, since your going to repair it, upgrade it... your body shop is gonna profit at least $1500 from your damages (just on labor & paint), this is the least they can do, summer time, body shop business is slow... they will do anything to make you happy...

we used to do it all the time, free jdm integra front end conversion from the insurance company... free 8th gen civic jdm type-r front end conversion..

i can guaranteed you most of the kplayground's 8th gen civic with jdm conversion are ICBC claim

·
Registered
10 Posts
SI rear bumper on ex

Just recently got an ex but want the rear of the si. Just wondering what obstacles I need to go through besides the muffler and wondering if anyone here has done it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 20 of 102 Posts