9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
So i've been wanting to change my 2015 civic rear to the 2012 Si rear with tailights/truck/bumper. I'm wondering if the light housings and trunk would fit the 2015's rear, has anyone done it yet?
I wonder if it could be done, and if so prob lots of money!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
So i've been wanting to change my 2015 civic rear to the 2012 Si rear with tailights/truck/bumper. I'm wondering if the light housings and trunk would fit the 2015's rear, has anyone done it yet?
I know that it's possible to do the tail lights from the 14-15 in a 12-13 with modifying the bolt pattern and it's also possible to do the 14-15 rear bumper on the 12-13. I'm not sure on the trunk though as that seems like it would be alot more modifying if it doesn't just line up exactly. Hope that helps eventhough it's the opposite direction it may still hold true.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2015 EX. I have no fog lights. Instead of buying a whole new bumper I want to buy the inserts and accompanying parts. What parts do I need to order? Part numbers are appreciated. What do you guys reccomend for fog lights? minimoto, etc

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,388 Posts
Why do I get the feeling you have an LX?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Scotty, EX's didn't come with factory fog lights. The EX'L's did. you got leather, fog lights and different wheels when you upgraded to EX-L's. I think heated mirrors too.

Anyways, Ebay & Amazon both sell kits that will fit into your factory bumper cover and look factory when all is said and done. however, my knowledge is that the 'fog light' indicator lamp on the dash will remain lit. The switch also goes where the factory switch would be in dash. no one would know the difference from looking at it.

price difference: aftermarket - $60-80, where as the honda kit is upwards of $350.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Scotty, EX's didn't come with factory fog lights. The EX'L's did. you got leather, fog lights and different wheels when you upgraded to EX-L's. I think heated mirrors too.

Anyways, Ebay & Amazon both sell kits that will fit into your factory bumper cover and look factory when all is said and done. however, my knowledge is that the 'fog light' indicator lamp on the dash will remain lit. The switch also goes where the factory switch would be in dash. no one would know the difference from looking at it.

price difference: aftermarket - $60-80, where as the honda kit is upwards of $350.
Do You have any links ? I want to purchase a kit. If no kit is available, I need the part numbers so i can go buy them.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts