9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
(Moderator's note: this thread is a compilation of a number of threads that basically deal with the stupid things other drivers (never us - haha) do.)

We've all seen it. It seems as though the owners of certain vehicles are the worst drivers on the road, and tend to provoke road rage.

I'll get us started:

PT Cruiser. :hay police:

Toyota Prius. :barf:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
lol this is an interesting thread. for me... i have to say prius when they are driving in the left lane of the freeway. and any pickup truck drivers who love tailgating your ass.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
anything not a Honda :)
  1. Any car with someone yapping on cell phone
  2. SUVs, seems they're allways on the phone
  3. Subarus, they have an odd ignition sequence... burble burble burble
  4. Hybrids in the passing lane... huh... doesn't that defeat the purpose?
  5. A Prius with someone on the phone
  6. A Prius in the passing lane
  7. A Prius in the non passing lane
  8. A parked Prius
  9. A idea of a Prius - I mean they mine the metal for the batteries in Australia, ship it in a boat to Canada for refinement, then off to Japan... in a boat... for manufacturing and assembly... but once it's installed in the car... yeahhhh I'm saving the environment
  10. A Prius

·
Registered
279 Posts
  8. A parked Prius
  9. A idea of a Prius - I mean they mine the metal for the batteries in Australia, ship it in a boat to Canada for refinement, then off to Japan... in a boat... for manufacturing and assembly... but once it's installed in the car... yeahhhh I'm saving the environment
  10. A Prius
Hahaha +1 fack Prius owners n any other hippie liberals

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
  8. A parked Prius
  10. A Prius
So very true Stigmacher... Well said...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
PS: The Prius still uses Nickel metal Hydride batteries which are less efficient than Lithium ion. Why wont Toyota switch to Lithium ion?!?

Because the Volt uses Lithium ion... and... if Toyota switches to Lithium ion it will drive down manufacturing costs of Lithium ion batteries... and thus the price of their competition, the Volt.

I'll have more respect if they switch. I'll believe they care about the environment.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
PS: The Prius still uses Nickel metal Hydride batteries which are less efficient than Lithium ion. Why wont Toyota switch to Lithium ion?!?

Because the Volt uses Lithium ion... and... if Toyota switches to Lithium ion it will drive down manufacturing costs of Lithium ion batteries... and thus the price of their competition, the Volt.

I'll have more respect if they switch. I'll believe they care about the environment.

Might want to ask Boeing about Lithium Ion.
787 battery blew up in ’06 lab test, burned down building | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

At least 100 batteries failed on 787 fleet | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Toyota Corollas are the modern day version of 1970s Plymouth Dusters/Valiants and Dodge Darts. They creep along, usually in the wrong lane, being driven by the equivalent of the old man or woman who can barely see over the top of the steering wheel, regardless of how young or old they are. I try to get around these cars as quickly as I can.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Yeah... I know.
But none of my power tools have blown-up or caught on fire.

It's still a newer technology and the Boeing application is a new one.
The more they're used though... safety, cost, and reliability will improve.
I remember seeing things about Volt's catching fire but I'm not sure if any of it was true?

But then again I love Ferraris and they had a short run of catching on fire till they figured out the adhesive for the fender liner in the 458 was combustable, and that's my favorite car, so your probably pointing this out to the wrong guy.

Fortunately no one has been injured in any of the 787's issues. Boeing will get it straightened out.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
I was recently in the market for a new cordless drill, and after doing lots of reading about NiCad and LiIon, I went with a DeWalt with the older NiCads.

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Its really not a particular make or model, but young people that drive piece of shit cars and treat them like shit. Ya know, the kids that try to cut you off when its nearly impossibly, all while blaring rap music on speakers that sound like static.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts