9th Gen Civic Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I could write a book on what I see of stupid things drivers do. The main one is DISTRACTED DRIVING and not just cell phone either. Some people drive like they have a death wish. They act like they don't have to react to conditions and every one else has to react to them.

The main one I hate is racing to a intersection they have to stop for and they dont look that a semi is 20 feet from hitting them. It happens in both vehicles and I know first hand what happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
something I see quite often on my morning commute - when two cars are driving side by side with an open lane in between them and both cars try to merge into that lane at the same time (one car from the left lane changing right and one car from the right lane changing left) and they see each other but they both think if they keep inching in they can get the other driver to back off and it usually ends up with both cars going back to their respective lanes after they come within inches of scraping each other

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I could write a book on what I see of stupid things drivers do. The main one is DISTRACTED DRIVING and not just cell phone either. Some people drive like they have a death wish. They act like they don't have to react to conditions and every one else has to react to them.

The main one I hate is racing to a intersection they have to stop for and they dont look that a semi is 20 feet from hitting them. It happens in both vehicles and I know first hand what happens.
I couldn't make this one up it's so off the charts, but I once was behind a woman in a busy downtown area FOLDING CLOTHES while driving. That one takes the cake. Something has to be done about cell phones and driving. It takes NO qualifying or skill assessment to get a driver's license. I've never studied for a driver's license test when moving to other states and either passed all of the questions or missed one. IQ tests need to be required but the roads would be mostly empty.....

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,105 Posts
Not stopping when the light turns red? Musta been a BMW.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,105 Posts
I had an interesting one happen yesterday.

I was in my usual PM slog commute. We're doing maybe 5 mph, stop-and-go.

The guy in front of me, in some sort of Infiniti, keeps waving out the window. The first couple of times I didn't pay it any mind. When it continued I was like, wtf?

Then I took note of the stickers he had on the back of his car, both on the bumper and the trunk, four in all, all having to do with following too close and backing off, and that he doesn't need any more stupid, so back off, implying, I guess, that if someone rear ends him, their stupid would transfer to him?

Finally, during a dead-stop, he sticks his head out of the window, and actually yells at me to back off.

So now I'm thinking, we're on a major NYC roadway that is known for choking traffic and super-slow speeds, and this fool is worried that someone is going to run into him?

I've been doing this drive for 30 years. These are normal following distances at these snail-like speeds.

Which brings up another point - he has already essentially ruined the paint on his trunk (not to mention the bumper) with those stickers.

Does he unnecessarily wave his arms and yell at people every time he is in heavy traffic, essentially diverting his own intention from what is going on in front of him?

He really didn't need any more stupid, is right. He seems to have cornered the market.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
should have yelled back..."pull over, let me in front of you, problem fixed". you can't fix stupid

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,105 Posts
A lot of stupid people breathe air.

·
Banned
58 Posts
A lot of stupid people in Ford F150's try to outrun R18 engined Honda's It's a futile effort because the R18 has no governor and the Ford has one at 92mph. Kind of fun one time on an interstate moving along rather fast. The badass got beaten by a Honda. Critical thinking is not a commodity. Just read a car forum...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,105 Posts
181 - 196 of 196 Posts