9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a Ricer thread, and a Badly Modified Cars thread, but I haven't come across a plain oil' Ugly (stock) Cars thread.

So here is my excuse to poop on one of my least favorite cars in existence today.

I didn't think it was possible to make the Prius any uglier, but Toyota has outdone itself, following closely on Nissan's current offerings.

20160616_150425.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
Chevy Avalanche and the 2000's VW Beetle...actually all VW beetles...if it wasn't for the taillights being red it would be impossible to distinguish the front end of that car from the back

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Buick... anything.

And since you mentioned Nissan, this:

Nissan_Leaf_–_Frontansicht,_28._April_2012,_Düsseldorf.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What they did to the latest Maxima is hideous. What's with that black strip through the c-pillar?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I actually rather quite like the new redesign of the Maxima. What you're referring to scotty is called a "floating roofline". The designers wanted it to look like the roof wasn't attached to the rest of the car and therefore it looks like it's "floating". I wouldn't mind have a new Maxima any day of the week :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually rather quite like the new redesign of the Maxima. What you're referring to scotty is called a "floating roofline". The designers wanted it to look like the roof wasn't attached to the rest of the car and therefore it looks like it's "floating". I wouldn't mind have a new Maxima any day of the week :)
Different strokes. :thumb:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Uh-oh . . . haha.

And the Cube. :barf:

Again different strokes for different folks, I first saw one in Japan and loved it. I like the boxy design found on many cars in Japan and was thinking of buying one but they were overpriced by the time they made there way to North America. Also thought of buying one for the wife but by than they were discontinued due to low sales. It's surprisingly roomy inside.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Nissan juke...... yuck
Again different strokes for different folks. My wife's drives a 2015 Nissan Juke and it is definitely a love it or hate style. We both love it though, it isn't the cookie cutter design you find on most economy cars. It's a car you look at from different angles and one angle makes you shake your head and another angle it looks good lol. It's a quick little car probably as quick if not quicker than a 10thgen Civic and handling is pretty good too for the type of car it is. My wife's base model Juke, cheated though I added a spoiler and wheeeeeels lol.
2016_0209_15093200.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, and let's all remember that our opinions about the looks of cars are just that - opinions, and no one should get their panties in a bunch over it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Trust me, you dont want one. I used to own 2 maximas (hence my name) and I still read the Maxima forums. The 8th gen section is basically 50% people complaining about factory defects on their brand new cars. Broken CVTs, condensation in headlights, misaligned body panels, electronic gremlins, DOORS NOT CLOSING PROPERLY etc...

the old Nissan is dead, renault ruined a good brand.

I read their forums just to have a good laugh tbh

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Again different strokes for different folks. My wife's drives a 2015 Nissan Juke and it is definitely a love it or hate style. We both love it though, it isn't the cookie cutter design you find on most economy cars. It's a car you look at from different angles and one angle makes you shake your head and another angle it looks good lol. It's a quick little car probably as quick if not quicker than a 10thgen Civic and handling is pretty good too for the type of car it is. My wife's base model Juke, cheated though I added a spoiler and wheeeeeels lol.
View attachment 415674
The RPF1's look great, man!

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Trust me, you dont want one. I used to own 2 maximas (hence my name) and I still read the Maxima forums. The 8th gen section is basically 50% people complaining about factory defects on their brand new cars. Broken CVTs, condensation in headlights, misaligned body panels, electronic gremlins, DOORS NOT CLOSING PROPERLY etc...

the old Nissan is dead, renault ruined a good brand.

I read their forums just to have a good laugh tbh
Never buy a 1st year model car. If you were on this forum in its 1st year the 2012 9th gen was knocked for multiple problems too.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Shong, I love my 12 Si!! lol..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts