9th Gen Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had this happen to me except I went over a speed bump.... was just a normal speed bump too. Both the VSA and power steering light went on. How did you guys end up handling this? Should I take it to the dealer or just try to reset it myself? I don't really want to pay a $100 diagnostic fee just for them to tell me nothing wrong and take 5 minutes to reset the lights themselves.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have had this happen 3 or 4 times in the 9 months I have owned the car. It has only happened at random times while driving over a speedbump or losing traction, although 99.9% of the times that I go over speed bumps or lose traction this doesn't happen. Continuing to drive normally causes it to go away, sometimes after leaving the car overnight when i'm not using it, sometimes while driving for a few minutes. The warning lights seem to be a false alarm triggered by the loss of traction. This may sound dumb since the opposite is normally true with cars, but ignore it and it should go away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the other thread got merged here but I can't find those posts. Anyways, my situation is a bit different from some of these posts, I was driving over a speed bump when the VSA and power steering light went on. I wasn't doing any mod work so I'm waffling between resetting the lights and taking it to the dealer. I doubt there was anything damaged though.

Nothing has changed since a couple days ago, the lights haven't gone away (power steering light shows up whenever I shift to drive) and I didn't experience any other changes. I called the dealer for a service appointment and they wanted me to leave the car there for the entire day (just for checking and possibly resetting the lights?!?!?). Am I worrying over nothing? Should I just reset it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I installed my HIDs again, with the relay harness. No issues so far. No errors.

They are running great, let's cross our fingers. Maybe a relay harness is required for the Civics to run properly!?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Same thing happened to me just a few hours ago. Car has been running fine with no issues, was driving back home and went to run on my headlights than wam (Check breaking system, Check ABS, Check VSA, Check power steering). Pulled into a local shopping plaza and restarted my car about three times, nothing.

Figured I can make it home and hopefully nothing will happen, pulled out of the plaza and all warning indicators and i-Mid warnings went away after 30 seconds or so of driving.

I have HIDs and the Injen CAI. Have had both for a good 7-8 months now with no issues until today.

Weird....
it can be low voltage in the battery.

Mine did that and it was battery voltage to low. Charged the battery and no issues since.
Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 civic, my emissions light, power steering light & VSA light all came on at once..... at the dealer. No news on direction of repair??? Will update once I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While driving home tonight through some nasty snow squalls my check ABS, VSA, and Power Steering lights came on shortly after turning a corner. Everything seemed to be working fine so I continued on. When I got home and turned the car off I heard a whiring noise coming from the engine compartment, it was coming from what looked like a pump behind the passenger side headlight beside the washer fill cap. Anybody know whats going on, this is a 7 month old 2012 Civic EX-L with 30k.
Mine is currently at the dealer now. Same scenario (snow, cold, ect)
What did they find wrong?

·
Registered
120 Posts
my tmps light, emissions light both come on... but i think it has to do with the new intake i installed.. and the new wheels i got... i didnt put on any sensors on my new wheels...

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Mine is currently at the dealer now. Same scenario (snow, cold, ect)
What did they find wrong?
My car does this almost twice a week.
The 3 lights kick on but mine are from turning everything on all at once without allowing the charging system to prepare for the massive load.but then again I have an amp,aftermarket hid's and Nokya fogs,and my third brake light mod,and fourth brake light.LOL
My situation is different but one thing I know for sure is my lights go off when I drive over a 15 mile freeway spread.they won't shut off if I'm driving in town but on the freeway they go away on their own

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got mines fixed after my brake light came and stayed on in the dash and imid display a couple months after my vsa, powersteering, came on. Long story short it was my wheel speed sensor. It must have got caught while I was turning or something but ripped it right in half. After splicing and putting it back together all the lights went off! Hope it helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Car is throwing check emissions, check VSA, check power steering lights

Hello,
I was cleaning up my engine bay and when i restarted my car. I had a check engine, check emissions and check vsa light on my i mid. During the cleaning i was messing around with my intake but I connected everything back properly. The battery was disconnected the whole time so I'm wondering may i have reset my ecu? My car runs but it runs really weird and I'm hesitant to drive it

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Hello,
I was cleaning up my engine bay and when i restarted my car. I had a check engine, check emissions and check vsa light on my i mid. During the cleaning i was messing around with my intake but I connected everything back properly. The battery was disconnected the whole time so I'm wondering may i have reset my ecu? My car runs but it runs really weird and I'm hesitant to drive it

You have to drive it to clear em at least 15 miles

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Yup its basically in engine safemode it won't let you drive it normal.
It may or may not happen when you unplug the baytery.drive it at normal driving speeds nothing crazy or revving up just normal maybe hit the highway.
Mine come on once a week or twice depending.
But I have a bunch of knick knacks tho.

But it sensed a low voltage and tripped the circuits

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just a p0172 yesterday while driving. then when i pulled the code my VSA and clectric steering came on. I cleand the MAF sensor and cleared the code. Then turn the car on then only the VSA light was on. Rev hang seems to come back lately so I uploaded a new stock map. I drove the car couple miles today light hasnt came back yet.

I just installed LED drls with the error harness last week. but my mods are. Hondata flashpro, catback exhuast, intake resinator delete with the rubber coupler after the airbox, hids in my headlight and fogs, sub box/amp, a bunch of leds in the car. but i had everything for almost two years besides the exhuast that was installed for about a half of year.

Hopefully I can find out why it came on or why its going to come back on. sorry for the bad grammer and no complete sentences. On my phone.

tran

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
i've had check emission, power steering, handbrake, traction control all go off whenever i turn on the headlights after a cold start. It goes away after driving for a bit but i don't know whats wrong. could it be the HID's? my kit did come with a relay harness but i never installed it.

i've also never had this happen until after installing my coilovers.

...wth honda?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did anything get solved here?? Just curious cus the check emissions light turned on my car today? Im 3 hours away from home and I just wanna make sure my car is gonna make it home

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
^Below post explains the fix, unless he's had more issues and not posted.

Happened Again...Fuel mixture too lean code. Honda had it hooked up to the computer and history and live data were all good. No explaination. "Senior Tech" at Dealer talked to the Honda Tech Help Line...they are reviewing data. So Now Honda is looking into it...

MAYBE A FIX! Just before returning the car to me, the "Senior Tech" was checking EVERYTHING. Found a hose to the intake manifold was not hooked up. It was near the air filter they said. This was either a pretty big error on the manufacturers part, or it has come loose since ownership (shouldn't). The other explanation was it being accidentally or intentionally disconnected by someone. I have told everyone about the terrible service i got at a competing dealership, who i honestly suspect may be at fault here.

Anyway, have your dealer check those hoses. It was in the right place, just not clamped down, so the air/fuel mix in the intake manifold was wrong i guess. From a non-car guy looking at it you wouldnt likely notice it. Honda Cleared the code and if it doesnt come back, that should be the end of it.

201 - 220 of 384 Posts