341 - 360 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any news?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure about the resistance but you can do a visual for debris.

·
Registered
17 Posts
turns out tmps just reset it self went to honda got them all checked and reset thanks everyone who helped , they looked at at my low ass honda in shame and me with a proud ass smile !!! VTEC GANG !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help!!

Check emissions light, power steering light and vsa light came on . Car is shaking very bad and won't accelerate at all. It'll go 6mph at most . What can it be? NEED HELP

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,588 Posts
Merged and stickied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just wanted to check in with this thread as I got a VSA check system alert and a check power steering alert. After reading and checking the OBD2 data my battery was below the acceptable range. One thing to note in my situation was, the battery was 3yrs old and I do have a AMP connected taxing the battery more than normal. Also, I live really close to my job and I don't really get to charge the battery as much as a driver that uses the freeway an such. I did get the alerts cleared while driving when I turned off the stereo and toggled the headlights. Maybe reducing my power consumption the alerts went away. There was no data when when using the scanner other than doing a battery and alternator check. Alternator was good. So check your battery like others have mentioned. I got a brand new battery in and haven't seen any other issues yet.

check system.jpg

OBD2.jpg

battery1.jpg

battery2.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi friends I need some help here. I have a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid. A year ago during the winter when it started to get cold out I noticed the remote unlock on my key started to work less and less. I thought it was the battery in the remote key but about a month later when it was very cold the standard battery (not the charge battery for the hybrid) needed to be replaced. After that, the remote key worked fine.

Fast forward to today. As the cold started in about a month ago the same symptoms with my remote key started up again. On the coldest day about a week ago suddenly the VSA/ABS/Power Steering lights all came on. After about a day of that the battery on my car would just die. I needed to start jumping the car. After every jump all of those lights would come on. When parked and turned off, under the hood, passenger side, near the front bumper was making a whirring sound. This tapped whatever charge the battery had and in the morning the car would be completely dead requiring a new jump.

I took the car to the mechanic yesterday, who said the whirring sound after the car is turned off is the ABS pump. The mechanic removed the ABS pump in hopes it can be replaced, however now I do not have a working car.

Please, good advice and insight is needed. Help?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The mechanic removed the ABS pump in hopes it can be replaced, however now I do not have a working car.
I don't think I would have made the same choice there.

You seem to be at the mercy of your mekanik. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ez1 what would you have done? Please share.
Disconnect the fuses necessary to kill power to the unit so it can't run the electric pump motor.
If that doesn't take care of all the battery drain through the unit, simply unplug the wiring connector from the modulator assembly.

I would not immediately remove the ABS pump which renders the car with no brakes, an immovable paperweight. I'd have some planning done long before disabling the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 SI did the same thing when I did my intake as well. All 3 lights came on and after a view minutes they shut off. Its been a few months since installation and today they turned back on. I'm currently in school, hopefully when I go home they will be off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yesterday, the car was fine, I just stopped to shop some things and after 20 minutes, the car showed "Check emission system" and will no longer start. Some time ago, happened the same but it started after some minutes and after cleaned the MAF and disconnected and connected it again, but this time this didn't work.
Also, for some reason, I cann't connect an ELM327 scanner and another one WiFi from autozone. The car was towed to my home and I don't have a clue about what is happening. I'll appreciate your help.

341 - 360 of 399 Posts