9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Had me worried for a little bit there. Didn't want to go through all the trouble of putting the piping back in to take it to the dealer. Glad it was simple though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check Emission Light On!!!!

Hey everyone on my way home on the high way tonight my emission light turned on. Idk why but i looked up some say intake can cause it some say the fuel cap can cause it my sensor on my injen intake is fine and the cap is tightened. Idk wats going on all the problems find me any ideas why please tell me. and the car is still running perfect.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
How long have you had the injen cai installed?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
How many miles driven with it on your car?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Do you have any major auto parts stores near you? Most will run a scan for codes for free and that will tell you what it thinks its problem is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im about to disconnect my battery for a little and see what happens? should i? cause i dont feel like taking it to the dealer im sure they'll say something about the intake and void my warranty.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
No need to disconnect your battery if going to autozone in the morning. That will erase the stored code information.

You do not have to worry about warranty for having that cai on your car. Would be required that Honda PROVE your aftermarket part caused some specific failure for that to happen.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
If the codes show a lean condition, whiich I doubt, then consider removing the intake to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ok thank you soo much for everything one stupid thing i did before i posted this thread before i started the car i tightened up the fuel cap and chcked the sensor for the intake both fine i start the car and the light is still on so i go and take the sensor plug off idk why i dont know much about cars lol and that made the vsi or vsa or whatever it was turn on and than just 1 min ago i was down there and i start the car it gave power steering light came on i was like wtf i drove the car and everything is still perfectly functioning so i came back and disconnect the battery for 10 seconds put it back on and everything is gone holy damm lol im happy now hahaha.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
If the check engine light comes back on take it in for a reading of the specific code stored in the memory. It may pop back on after a few miles of driving. It may not be related to the cai anyways.

·
Registered
51 Posts
thank you man for responding at this time i appreciated for the ideas and yeah if it comes on again ill be bringing her to the autozone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's pretty apparent that these new Civic's don't like to have aftermarket parts installed on anything to do with engine/electrical, maybe a good idea to leave well enough alone?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's pretty apparent that these new Civic's don't like to have aftermarket parts installed on anything to do with engine/electrical, maybe a good idea to leave well enough alone?
Different strokes for different folks I guess... There are enthusiasts, & there are those who view a car as an appliance.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I have had this light come on twice and it will stay off for a couple weeks then came back. I have a scanner so when it comes back on you can get the code read and it will say p0172 which is fuel too rich bank 1. Do you have any other mods or just the intake?

·
Registered
407 Posts
P0172 is a mixture adaptation fault and it is highly likely that it is related to the intake. Changing the size/position of the airflow meter can shift mixture adaptations enough to set the code. Mixture adaptations are also known as fuel trim.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone appo

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had this light come on twice and it will stay off for a couple weeks then came back. I have a scanner so when it comes back on you can get the code read and it will say p0172 which is fuel too rich bank 1. Do you have any other mods or just the intake?
Intake and D2 coilovers are the only modifications i have on my car.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Your tube was made incorrectly if you want more info please contact I had the problem 2 weeks ago and contacted injen about already

41 - 60 of 394 Posts