9th Gen Civic Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks good! I went a little more conservative and got 15mm all around. Installing them once I purchase my sport spec coilovers and get those in.

I'll do some before and after pics too.
I went with 20mm as didn't require to grind down oem studs. The OEM Si wheels have a small pocket where there is enough room for these to mount flush to hub with no need to grind. With 15 you may need to grind down depending on wheels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went with 20mm as didn't require to grind down oem studs. The OEM Si wheels have a small pocket where there is enough room for these to mount flush to hub with no need to grind. With 15 you may need to grind down depending on wheels.
Good to know. The pockets I wasn't sure of on the stock 2013 si wheels, and I kept reading that grinding may be required on certain setups, but actually ended up returning the spacers since they were no-name. They were T6 aluminum, hubcentric, 64.1 bore, 10.9 studs, but I had a change of heart and want to go with a spacer that I know is being ran by others.

The garageline spacers seem like a good set, but did you have any issues with the lugs they included? They appear to be closed, so not sure if there were any issues with being able to torque them down enough.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A bit late getting these uploaded. GarageLine 20mm spacers all around (installed with Loctite Blue), so far no issues and haven't had any lugs work themselves loose. Initially installed without Loctite and re-checked torque after about 10 miles, then 50-60 miles, with no issues. For peace of mind I added in the Loctite and still no issues. 80ft lbs for both the spacer > hub and wheel > hub.

Ride height isn't 100% dialed in just yet (it's still settling too much on driver side). I might give it a few more hundred miles before trying to adjust it again. I want the fronts to be about 1/8" lower, right now there about the same all around. About 1 1/2 finger gap (13" from center cap to fender). No issues rubbing either.

IMG_20180621_225213~2.jpg IMG_20180621_225204~2.jpg IMG_20180621_225049~2.jpg IMG_20180621_225346~2.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,156 Posts
Today I tried a pair of 5mm spacers. This is the type that is just a thin flat disk with no second set of bolts sticking out of them.

As soon as I slid one into place in the front I could see that these, even at 5mm, were going to be unsatisfactory, as the hub center was no longer a hub center. The wheel was not supported by anything but the studs. Off it came.

In the interim, I am trying, once again, to find a replacement stud that broke off of one of my 20mm adapters. One shop told me I'd have to remove another one from the adapter so they can match it up. There is nothing imprinted on the adapter or stud regarding dimensions.

So far I have tried a sledge hammer on wood on the stud, and then a thick metal spackle knife in place of the wood. I do not want to hit the stud directly with a hammer. It did not budge.

The last thing I did was spray some PB Blaster on the four remaining studs. Hopefully it'll make its way down there, and tomorrow I'll see if that makes enough of a difference to get one out.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did this ever work out? I put 15mm spacers on front and 20mm spacers on the back. This gave me about 5mm of clearance from tire to fender edge in front and about 3mm outside the fender edge in back. wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone ever put spacers on the '14 LX coupe? I put 15mm spacers on front and 20mm spacers on the back. This gave me about 5mm of clearance from tire to fender edge in front and about 3mm outside the fender edge in back. I ended up putting the 20mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacer on the back. This gave a flush fitment for the front and an approx 2mm clearance to fender edge in back. Is the stock width from wheel to wheel in the front larger in the 2014 coupe lx?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,156 Posts
I have 20mm all around on my '15 LX coupe. I didn't measure and it looks even and fine.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,156 Posts
Threads merged.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,156 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Damn which I read this before. I had some 2014 civic ex-l 17 inch rims (big pockets) so my 15mm spacers with extended lugs fit fine even with the oem lugs sticking out.

I then bought a set of 2015 18 inch rims but didn't realize they had small pockets. Because of that, the oem lugs hit against the back face of the wheel.

I'm sad becuase they were H&R brand and cost me 180 dollars :( Another option is the buy the version with extended lugs but thats a little beyond my expertise and far from "plug and play". :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, I have a wheel/spacer situation for which I hope some of you might have thoughtful suggestions:

Last December, I bought 2013 Civic LX sedan for my oldest daughter to drive to college. It has the original 15" factory steelies fitted with tires that need replacement and also has the ubiquitous plastic wheel covers that have about 50% of the paint flaking off. I've been wanting to replace the factory wheels with something larger and slightly more aggressive, but otherwise stock height and OEM looking. Perusing the local CL, I came across a set of 16"x6.5" alloys pulled from a 2012 Accord SE and got them for a paltry amount of cash. These rims are in great shape, already have a nice set of Pirelli P4s with lots of tread still on them, and of course, have the TPMS already installed. The only drawback is that these wheels have a +50 offset instead of the +45 for steel wheels I'm replacing.

Even though the Accord rims fit with sufficient inside clearance, I definitely want to widen the track and make it look better. To that end, I'm unsure as to what adapters/spacers to get. In a test fit, I used 0.5" washers to simulate ~5 mm of space. That was meh...OK, but the track still looked too narrow and seemed to be nowhere near flush with the fender lip. I'm considering hubcentric 15mm adapters, but after reading several posts in this thread, I'm concerned that the lugs will bump up against the back of the Accord wheels. Also thinking that 20mm might be too wide, but perhaps not. Anyone here have any experience with combatting a small offset difference and/or with my current plans for 15mm adapters? I plan to install the adapters/wheels when she's home over Christmas break and don't want get in a cat/mouse game of order/return/order/return.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,156 Posts
Measure the depth of the spaces in between the lug bolt holes. Civic steelies require a 20mm spacer to clear so that everything can be tightened up with no issues.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts