9th Gen Civic Forum banner

The Wheel Spacer General Info Thread

160K views 214 replies 88 participants last post by  erickxrosay24 
#1 · (Edited)
1" Wheel Spacers on Si HFP

Hey guys need to buy some spacers for the car because the wheels the car came with are too slim. Instead of spending the cash to have new wheels and tires put on, i'm just gonna put wheels spacers on for now. At least that way the wheels would be flush with the body kit...

Any suggestions??
I'd like to keep it under $400 if i can :smile:

Thanks for the advice in advance :smile:

View attachment 8422

Above you can see how the wheel is sitting too far in...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
scottyrocks said:
This thread has been merged and renamed, as any general questions, info, or pictures about wheel spacers/adapters will be helpful for those looking to install a set.
I'm happy with the looks of the stock wheels and tires on my Si coupe for now, but every time I look down the side of the car I can't help but think the wheels need to be pushed out just a few hairs. Like they made the track width just a bit too narrow for the car's body width. I was thinking that only another 1/4 inch or less outward would look about perfect. A search here on the site turned up this link to 5mm spacers that are our bolt pattern. Ichiba NS-50205 Extended Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 5x114.3 5mm

Has anyone used these or any other similar spacers with stock wheels and tires? I'm wondering if there's any rubbing when the wheels are turned all the way, or any other issues with them. If they are going to cause problems then I'll just leave it alone and get used to it.

#27 ·
I'm happy with the looks of the stock wheels and tires on my Si coupe for now, but every time I look down the side of the car I can't help but think the wheels need to be pushed out just a few hairs. Like they made the track width just a bit too narrow for the car's body width. I was thinking that only another 1/4 inch or less outward would look about perfect. A search here on the site turned up this link to 5mm spacers that are our bolt pattern. Ichiba NS-50205 Extended Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 5x114.3 5mm

Has anyone used these or any other similar spacers with stock wheels and tires? I'm wondering if there's any rubbing when the wheels are turned all the way, or any other issues with them. If they are going to cause problems then I'll just leave it alone and get used to it.
RCRob51 did it but it wasn't a simple install.. you'd have to ask him for all the details...

#3 ·
What spacers for Si wheels on EX Sedan?

My 9thGen Si wheels will be arriving this week and will be mounted on an EX Sedan. I will also have the car lowered on Road Magnet springs.

I am looking to have the wheels as flush as I can by using spacers, while of course avoiding any rubbing. What size spacers will I need to achieve this, if anyone has already tried it?

TIA

-Omar

#4 ·
Haw come tho... And flush as in, right even with the fender? If you happen to hit a good bump or pothole that in itself would cause rubbing... I might be confused at what you are trying to achieve though.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

#6 ·
Car looks great, and thanks for the visual. Are you also lowered? Any rubbing issues?

#8 ·
Which spacers are you using? Where did you buy them?

#9 ·
I designed and manufactured my own. They are 16.5mm. But you can buy a comparable set from Eibach.

I made them myself just for the sake of doing it. Also the 1.5mm is actually what makes them perfect.

P.S. The block of 6061 aluminum to make them was $125.00 before machining.

#11 ·
I have 15mm spacers by h& r on my ex and it did the trick. The wheels look flushed with fenders. But keep in mind if you thinking of lowering your car that might be a problem. I would suggest lower your car first then do the measurements and see what size spacer you need. Because the way my car is right now If I would lower it my car would probably be sitting on a fenders.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#12 ·
Also make sure make sure they are hub centric spacer. Very important for safety.

#13 ·
Great info, guys. Thanks.

What is our hub bore size?

#14 ·
I've got a pair of 15mm with built I'm studs on mine and It really helps the stance. Just remember to retighten them a few times after you put them on or you'll be like me and have a vibration. Bore is 64. The 8th gen hub is the same size as 9th as well.

#16 ·
#18 ·
Like I mentioned before make sure they are hub centric they are more money but it's your safety.

#19 ·
I bought ichiba 15mm from Andy's auto sport.

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/2006_9999_civic/wheels/wheel_spacers/ichiba/ichi00000286.html

Not too expensive, but I bought them more because I wanted a decent set of 15mm with built in studs. From what i found if you get eibach they only make 20+ with built in studs, same for h&r. The only things i don't like about them is that the nuts that hold the spacers onto the existing lugs are a little small for my taste. But that said they are still well made.

This is stock on my ex with stock wheels
Automotive exterior Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

With ichiba 15mm spacers
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire Tire Car

Doesn't look like much but they made a huge difference.

#21 ·
I bought ichiba 15mm from Andy's auto sport.

WS-5511464A Ichiba Wheel Spacers (with Studs) - Spacer Width: 15mm for 06-up Honda Civic at Andy's Auto Sport

Not too expensive, but I bought them more because I wanted a decent set of 15mm with built in studs. From what i found if you get eibach they only make 20+ with built in studs, same for h&r. The only things i don't like about them is that the nuts that hold the spacers onto the existing lugs are a little small for my taste. But that said they are still well made.

This is stock on my ex with stock wheels
View attachment 11530

With ichiba 15mm spacers
View attachment 11531 View attachment 11532

Doesn't look like much but they made a huge difference.
Those spacers pushed the wheels out perfectly in my opinion. All you need is a drop!

#20 ·
How do the TCS spacers not appear hubcentric? They are 64.1mm bore. That is the same as our cars, correct?

#23 ·
Sorry to hear it. I hope you're back to your normal self in no time! :)

#25 ·
15mm spacers and OEM studs? How many turns can you get on the lugnut?

5mm is about the most you can go and still get the proper amount of turns on every Honda/Acura I've ever dealt with in the past. And I don't recall my '12 having anything extra-long from the factory.

Just seems a bit dangerous, especially if you autox or track the car. Either buy the proper spacers or buy better offset wheels.

#26 ·
I don't think anyone here is talking about 15mm spacers on OEM studs.

#29 ·
Yeah, replacing the studs with the new extended ones isn't exactly simple, but I don't think it's too much work.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
still a lot of work.. i've decided on new wheels :D just 8-8.5" wide :)

#31 ·