9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I know adding bolt-ons to my car is pointless w/o hondata. However, I pretty much just have the money for hondata and would have to wait awhile after buying that to purchase other bolt-ons.

Question is is just buying the hondata and using stock base going to help with mpg? I'm getting about 26 overall most of the time and that's really mostly city driving. Def love to see my mpg get better so I wanted to start with hondata and then go from there.

thanks

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Ask JoeDavola

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
Doesn't flash pro come preloaded with different maps already? And then its a matter of getting the parts you want and getting a tune? Idk I don't have it yet, but I'm sure it has custom maps preloaded...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
271 Posts
No, I just comes with two calibrations for stock cars (hondata reflash and stock equivalent). You still would need to pay for a tune. The hondata reflash is "rough". My car would jerk when driving around city. I has other maps but they are for when you get RBC or injectors which you dont have and still doesnt count for intake/exhaust. I would just save the money and get all your bolt ons/tune at the same time.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hey guys so I know adding bolt-ons to my car is pointless w/o hondata. However, I pretty much just have the money for hondata and would have to wait awhile after buying that to purchase other bolt-ons.

Question is is just buying the hondata and using stock base going to help with mpg? I'm getting about 26 overall most of the time and that's really mostly city driving. Def love to see my mpg get better so I wanted to start with hondata and then go from there.

thanks
My MPG is the same, or maybe 0.5 mpg lower than before my tune. I'm not sure if there is any type of tune that increases MPG, and honestly don't see the point in that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts