1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
241 Posts
It works OK, but I typically wipe on a decent coat, wait like 5-10m, then wipe it off with a different micro fiber cloth that's just barely damp (spritz water onto rag with your hand). Tends to work the best usually. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works OK, but I typically wipe on a decent coat, wait like 5-10m, then wipe it off with a different micro fiber cloth that's just barely damp (spritz water onto rag with your hand). Tends to work the best usually. Good luck.

ill give it a try..

·
Registered
716 Posts
I typically have to use water to remove the streaks and I've been using it on cars since it came out. There was also a film on my windshield from the factory that had to be removed first through extensive cleaning before the rain x dried without streaks. good luck

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, I also prefer that one, but can't find it out here in Germany. JUST the spray and wipes.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
I use tht rainx 2in1 and it works great for me. Gives me good visibility an no streaks. Had my car for over a year so maybe thats why i dont have streaks like yours. I think it works good imo

·
Registered
256 Posts
What did you expect? You might as well smear whale jizz on your window it will give you the same result at a much cheaper price.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get the classic bottle, the two-in-one bottle blows terribly. I made the same mistake of buying the same one as you before realizing that they still sold the original one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I typically have to use water to remove the streaks and I've been using it on cars since it came out. There was also a film on my windshield from the factory that had to be removed first through extensive cleaning before the rain x dried without streaks. good luck
I had this same problem with Rain X streaking and always used it on other cars with no problems ever. I was wondering if there could have been something on the glass from the factory and I really believe there is. @Twitch How did you get all the film off?? I really would want to get it off for good. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What did you expect? You might as well smear whale jizz on your window it will give you the same result at a much cheaper price.
Somehow I imagine that would be more expensive to acquire than Rain-X products.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
90 Posts
Honestly nothing works better than just soap and water and a microfibre towel to clean glass, this includes the inside. Then use the original rain-x afterwards. And you can put on more than one coat if you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rainx is a Great product I have been using it for years, most times you don't need to turn on your wipers at all. The rain just flows off the windshield.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
I use Eagle One glass cleaner. Works better than windex-type products.

I've always had this thing about wiping foreign substances on the surface I have to see through, but I'll give Rain-X a try.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Get the classic bottle, the two-in-one bottle blows terribly. I made the same mistake of buying the same one as you before realizing that they still sold the original one.
Yes, go for the "classic" Rain-X in the small yellow bottle. The aerosol isn't nearly as good - not that great of a cleaner (get Stoner Invisible Glass for that), and not as good as the original formula in repelling water.

Chip H.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
The Rain X aerosol works but is not as good as their other products. I use it on my mirrors but they still spot but not as bad as not using it and for the easy application it saves time. The windshield washer stuff works great.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Rainx is a Great product I have been using it for years, most times you don't need to turn on your wipers at all. The rain just flows off the windshield.
+1. I seldom turn on the wipers and getting it off just requires a different clean rag than what you put it on with or newspaper. Rocket science it is not.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, go for the "classic" Rain-X in the small yellow bottle. The aerosol isn't nearly as good - not that great of a cleaner (get Stoner Invisible Glass for that), and not as good as the original formula in repelling water.

Chip H.
Stoner's Invisible Glass actually came out with a rain repellant glass cleaner...but it's not in an aerosol can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts