9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, new member here! Here's my 2015 EX sedan, recently lowered on Tein S-Tech springs. Measured about a 1.5 inch drop all around compared to factory. Other mods done are a Cosmo Racing short ram intake and an OEM catback from a 2012 Si sedan fabricated to fit my R18. Sound clip here for anyone interested: R18 w/ OEM Si Catback
Tire Wheel Car Sky Cloud
Cloud Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Sky

Here's a before an after comparison, tried to get a similar angle with the after as I forgot to take an actual before picture
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello, new member here! Here's my 2015 EX sedan, recently lowered on Tein S-Tech springs. Measured about a 1.5 inch drop all around compared to factory. Other mods done are a Cosmo Racing short ram intake and an OEM catback from a 2012 Si sedan fabricated to fit my R18. Sound clip here for anyone interested: R18 w/ OEM Si Catback View attachment 496005 View attachment 496008
Here's a before an after comparison, tried to get a similar angle with the after as I forgot to take an actual before picture
View attachment 496006 View attachment 496007
Hello, new member here! Here's my 2015 EX sedan, recently lowered on Tein S-Tech springs. Measured about a 1.5 inch drop all around compared to factory. Other mods done are a Cosmo Racing short ram intake and an OEM catback from a 2012 Si sedan fabricated to fit my R18. Sound clip here for anyone interested: R18 w/ OEM Si Catback View attachment 496005 View attachment 496008
when you say "oem SI catback" do you mean a axle back + custom mid pipe?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you say "oem SI catback" do you mean a axle back + custom mid pipe?
It was the axle back and midpipe from an Si, just needed to bring it to a muffler shop so they could cut the old flange connecting the midpipe and catalytic converter and replace it. Here's a picture of it when I picked it up
Gas Auto part Concrete Metal Aluminium

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks good just make sure you keep up with the tire rotations every oil change or 5k miles to get the most miles out of the tires or you else you'll get alot of camber wear in the back tires. Welcome to the lowered car club lol.
I've just finished putting bags on my civic si heres some pictures. I upgraded from lowered skunk 2 springs to air lift performance bags.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good just make sure you keep up with the tire rotations every oil change or 5k miles to get the most miles out of the tires or you else you'll get alot of camber wear in the back tires. Welcome to the lowered car club lol.
I've just finished putting bags on my civic si heres some pictures. I upgraded from lowered skunk 2 springs to air lift performance bags. View attachment 496027
View attachment 496028

View attachment 496024
Thank you, will follow your advice. Your Civic looks good too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
looks a lot better than factory ride height honestly

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've just finished putting bags on my civic si heres some pictures. I upgraded from lowered skunk 2 springs to air lift performance bags. View attachment 496027
View attachment 496028

View attachment 496024
Question. Is that the hfp kit on you car ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hello, new member here! Here's my 2015 EX sedan, recently lowered on Tein S-Tech springs. Measured about a 1.5 inch drop all around compared to factory. Other mods done are a Cosmo Racing short ram intake and an OEM catback from a 2012 Si sedan fabricated to fit my R18. Sound clip here for anyone interested:

Looks great but it might appear better if the wheels were spaced wider apart with the addition of some black aluminum 5mm to 8mm spacers in my opinion. I'm consider going with the Tein S. Tech Springs or Street Advance-Z Coilovers but would like to keep the ride as smooth as possible. How does the ride compare to stock after you lowered this vehicle with these springs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Looks great but it might appear better if the wheels were spaced wider apart with the addition of some black aluminum 5mm to 8mm spacers in my opinion. I'm consider going with the Tein S. Tech Springs or Street Advance-Z Coilovers but would like to keep the ride as smooth as possible. How does the ride compare to stock after you lowered this vehicle with these springs?
Thanks, I was definitely thinking the same. Either spacers or wider wheels with less offset, maybe 17x7.5 +38's. The ride is still pretty smooth but you'll definitely feel a difference with the increased spring rate. Bumps hit slightly harder and according to passengers in the rear, it's a little bit bumpier

·
Registered
478 Posts
That would look really nice with lower profile tires and larger wheels. I'm using 17X8 +45's rims and the front tires come very close to rubbing the front strut housings within a fingers gap. I don't know if the Tein Street Advance-Z Coilovers would give any more clearance for larger diameter and a wider width. I'd like to use some 19x8.5 +40's rim like these to keep the design similar to the Si or EXR type wheels.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That would look really nice with lower profile tires and larger wheels. I'm using 17X8 +45's rims and the front tires come very close to rubbing the front strut housings within a fingers gap. I don't know if the Tein Street Advance-Z Coilovers would give any more clearance for larger diameter and a wider width. I'd like to use some 19x8.5 +40's rim like these to keep the design similar to the Si or EXR type wheels.
View attachment 496079
Yeah I found some 17x7.5 +38's so in theory they should have a bit more poke (~20mm) and a little bit more backspacing (~6mm) compared to the stock 16x6.5 +45's, so clearance shouldn't be a problem.

If I'm doing these calculations right, your current 17x8 +45's have about 146.6mm backspace and 19x8.5 +40's would have about 147.95mm backspace, so the clearance between the shock and wheel should (in theory) be almost the same since there's a 1.35mm difference. I'm not entirely sure if you'd get more clearance with the Tein coilovers, you'd probably have to ask others or search around for definite answers though. Hopefully you find what you need

1 - 20 of 23 Posts