9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just got into a minor car accident and find out that my bumper has a crack on the bottom. I went to the shop and they suggest that to get a new bumper because it'll be cheaper than fixing it up. With that being said what are my options for a bumper either OEM or a good brand aftermarket

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
I recently just got into a minor car accident and find out that my bumper has a crack on the bottom. I went to the shop and they suggest that to get a new bumper because it'll be cheaper than fixing it up. With that being said what are my options for a bumper either OEM or a good brand aftermarket
What's wrong with it? Pix?where did it get the damage?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I also want to question how it occured that you cracked poly plastic, and if its at the bottom, it should be ok to drive around since the mounts are on top and side.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I see what is going on here. U don't want any scratch on the car because it's like a brand new. Been there and done that. The body shop I went, they did recondition the front bumper for cheaper than buy a new one. Maybe u can get better quote from other place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
as someone who just did this same thing i would just have them recondition it. someone deeply scratched my rear bumper mine and i was worried about filler work. the cost of a new bumper is about 400 dollars. then to paint it i was quoted almost 600 for labor to remove reinstall paint clear and buff. just have them recondition it. they will plastic weld it and then they will paint a "spot repair"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts