9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had stripes on any of my cars as I usually lean towards clean and simple, but I have been thinking of possibly adding some classy stripes to my CBP Si coupe.

Here are some images I googled... Thoughts?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
TBH i dont like strips unless its on a muscle car
on a honda.. i gotta say ricerrrrrrrrrrrr lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Yea IMO it doesn't really match this type of car. MAYBE you could get away with something like the FIAT500 Abarth has on the lower sides, but it would have to be done to perfection, and even then I'm not sure if it would match the car, interesting concept to make a mock up of though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it depends on how it is done. Google it and you will find almost every high end sports car has had stripes. Many from the factory. So I don't think it is "below" this car. It is a Civic after all. If Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Etc... Can do it then it I would think we could too. It would have to be simple clean and classy. Anybody good with photoshop?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sold on it by any means. I'm pretty conservative. Feel free to beat me to it :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ive been thinking about some stripes along the front fenders or even played with photoshop and changing the color of the fog covers...but im still not convinced, im into very clean so for now i still have the stock look. I was thinking about buying maybe the red fog covers or silver just to see how it would look since they are pretty cheap already painted but idk yet. I need to drop my car first or i'll look rice and beaned out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok on a muscle car! But a Honda, not so much!! But it's your car, and you can do what you want!!

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
gotta say im against it. not on a honda dude

·
Registered
716 Posts
I find it hilarious that NOBODY wants to see racing stripes on a civic, but EVERYBODY seems to line up for oversized 3" fart can exhausts... LOL
Agreed. The 3" fart cannon is my biggest pet peeve with cars. I don't care what else you do but the fart cannon is annoying. If you want to hear an engine roar get a bigger engine.

I'm not saying racing stripes are a great idea, but something simple and clean could be ok as long as its well done. That said a good paint job over vinyl.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I find it hilarious that NOBODY wants to see racing stripes on a civic, but EVERYBODY seems to line up for oversized 3" fart can exhausts... LOL
On the contrary, as far as I've seen in person--and I've seen a lot--those who would have fart cannons are also those who would have racing stripes on a civic. lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Perhaps a horizontal stripe on the lower part of the doors like the Fiat Abarth... Probably nothing, but if anyone is good with photoshop it would be fun to do some mock ups.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive been thinking about some stripes along the front fenders or even played with photoshop and changing the color of the fog covers...but im still not convinced, im into very clean so for now i still have the stock look. I was thinking about buying maybe the red fog covers or silver just to see how it would look since they are pretty cheap already painted but idk yet. I need to drop my car first or i'll look rice and beaned out.
Hope this helps your choice
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2410.jpg IMG_2409.jpg

1 - 20 of 59 Posts