9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup crew,

2015 Supercharged SI throwing codes for engine start system, power steering, traction control (and wont allow me to turn on/off), hill start, and the car requires me to push and hold start button for it to start.

I recently moved so bringing the car back to original tuner is a bust.

Could this be a simple wire shorting out or fuse/relay acting up?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
As with any electrical problem, start at the battery.
Make sure it is good and fully charged.
Check the main battery cable connections and terminations.
From there you will most likely need a scan tool that can communicate with Honda ECM, etc.

See the link in my sig below.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Also more info would be helpful. What is your full setup, what is it tuned on and when was the tune done?

Did you change anything recently?

As teeps said, you at least need to pull those codes to start diagnosing the problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Man, this issue came up for me once. Something to do with the air intake flow sensor (one on the intake tube) wasn't installed properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive held off to respond because work has been crazy and haven't gotten around to the car.

I bought the car already built a few years back so I don't know every bolt thats been turned but after speaking with the previous owner I confirmed most upgrades, some not pertaining to this issue.

2015 Coupe
Kraftwerks kit on 120mm pulley
Tuned on Hondata license (no flashpro)
injectors have been upgraded, stock fuel pump and rail;

So I went to Honda, got a new battery, installed it, and every code went away except for the Hill start system on first start

Day two: Now the car is back to push and hold to start, with the starter system check light showing with the Hill start.

Day three: After giving it some juice during a highway pull the car threw every code it could mechanically throw; check engine, power steering, hill start system, ignition system, TPMS light, etc. when I ran a cheap OBD2 reader it told me clutch positioning sensor at one point.

At one point the car was acting funny and I took it back to the tuner. When we went for a drive with the laptop hooked up he said the the map sensor was not giving any feedback and so we replaced it and it was fine for a bit. Then it started acting the same way again, almost like it surges for air when trying to maintain a constant RPM.. which is almost impossible.

Could this be as simple as a bad ground?

Maybe the tune itself is bad?

Could it be a relay somewhere?

Obviously the last resort is the dealer and Im about to rip everything off the car and start over to be certain everything was done correctly.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
To me this still sounds like a battery/voltage problem. If the car is not starting properly or the battery is getting weak after a day or two then I would think alternator?

Are you able to pull any CELs? What codes are you getting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ive held off to respond because work has been crazy and haven't gotten around to the car.

I bought the car already built a few years back so I don't know every bolt thats been turned but after speaking with the previous owner I confirmed most upgrades, some not pertaining to this issue.

2015 Coupe
Kraftwerks kit on 120mm pulley
Tuned on Hondata license (no flashpro)
injectors have been upgraded, stock fuel pump and rail;

So I went to Honda, got a new battery, installed it, and every code went away except for the Hill start system on first start

Day two: Now the car is back to push and hold to start, with the starter system check light showing with the Hill start.

Day three: After giving it some juice during a highway pull the car threw every code it could mechanically throw; check engine, power steering, hill start system, ignition system, TPMS light, etc. when I ran a cheap OBD2 reader it told me clutch positioning sensor at one point.

At one point the car was acting funny and I took it back to the tuner. When we went for a drive with the laptop hooked up he said the the map sensor was not giving any feedback and so we replaced it and it was fine for a bit. Then it started acting the same way again, almost like it surges for air when trying to maintain a constant RPM.. which is almost impossible.

Could this be as simple as a bad ground?

Maybe the tune itself is bad?

Could it be a relay somewhere?

Obviously the last resort is the dealer and Im about to rip everything off the car and start over to be certain everything was done correctly.
I just re read this. Two things stick out, struggling for air driving down the highway, and potentially not recharging battery. Any belt slip? Most the time this makes noise, but that doesn't mean it always does.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I used a cheap scantron scanner to run the code and the only thing its throwing is a P0101 (mass air flow sensor)
Oddly enough, when I went to my (old) tuner with the surging issue about 3 years ago he confirmed that the MAF was bad and we replaced it then... is my car eating MAFs for no reason? I erased the code and now the only issue the car is stating is the Hill start system again, keeping the squigly tire car icon on the dash, and not allowing me to turn off traction.

Im in the process of purchasing a flashpro and working with Etunez to have them retune the car and address any issues.

At one point the car threw a check engine light and the code referenced the clutch pedal switch as the issue, but no longer. With that being said I was having some slipping issues which I thought were the clutch, but now im wondering if it was in fact the slave cylinder.

Relating to the cruise control, it always worked, even with the funky AF feature. unfortunately now, when I turn the button on and try to set, it will no longer let me set the speed.. deeming it completely inoperable.

I doubt the belt is slipping but I did order a new belt from kraftwerks so thats going on soon along with a huge list of other parts including a clutch, flywheel, slave, etc.

Thanks for staying tuned and helping me with the issue. Im hoping I can get this resolved soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts