9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a '15 civic LX Sedan with 45K miles. Just the the ATF drain and fill myself per the dealer recommendation. Also lists brake system flush. Figured since I just shelled out for a jack and jack stands, etc might as well get my moneys worth. Here is a pic of the fluid. To me the brakes feel mushy, to my wife who drives the car everyday she said it feels normal to her. I don't ever drive her car so may be that I'm just used to touchier brakes (2016 Focus ST and now 2019 Silverado).

20200629_153926.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think it's a good time to do it if it hasn't been done before/if you don't recall when it was done. Fresh fluid will be close to clear looking. I believe the maintenance minder is every 3 years or 30k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's a good time to do it if it hasn't been done before/if you don't recall when it was done. Fresh fluid will be close to clear looking. I believe the maintenance minder is every 3 years or 30k miles.
Ok, thanks. I will go ahead and knock it out. Already ordered the Honda DOT 3 fluid from Amazon. I've never done this on any car so for sure we have not done it on the Civic. Pretty much the longest we've had one car as the cars we had when we were younger were used and what not. Wohoo sounds like I get to have some fun :).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok, thanks. I will go ahead and knock it out. Already ordered the Honda DOT 3 fluid from Amazon. I've never done this on any car so for sure we have not done it on the Civic. Pretty much the longest we've had one car as the cars we had when we were younger were used and what not. Wohoo sounds like I get to have some fun :).
Gotcha. It's a tedious process, but if the wife helps, should knock it out in like 20 minutes. Maybe even less!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts