9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am getting my 2012 civic ex sedan on tuesday. It is dyno blue pearl in colour. I live in toronto and I was thinking of going 35% in the fronts and 15% in the back. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
717 Posts
do it

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
what about the sides?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i think 35% is cool....IMO i prefer darker tints especially on cars with light color interior. For example, both of my cars now have black interior so 35% on mine would look darker than 35% on yours. But i also like darker tints....my truck is full limo and my car is currently 35% but im re-doing it to either limo or 1 shade lighter. Also a dark sun visor is a huge plus too

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Man. I'm so annoyed with NJ tint laws. None on the front sides or windshield. Come on, no windshield is ok, but no front side windows is so lame. I'm about to go to the eye Dr and ask for an exemption lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Man. I'm so annoyed with NJ tint laws. None on the front sides or windshield. Come on, no windshield is ok, but no front side windows is so lame. I'm about to go to the eye Dr and ask for an exemption lol
Same here in Cali, ...back in Hawaii it really sucks, although you can put on the front sides, you can't go less than about 35%, ...ALL AROUND!!! Sucks major donkey nutz!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In ontario we can go 35% on the front sides, and only top 4-6 inches i think on the windshield.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Same here in Cali, ...back in Hawaii it really sucks, although you can put on the front sides, you can't go less than about 35%, ...ALL AROUND!!! Sucks major donkey nutz!
haha at least your car would look proper with uniform 35% tint all around, with just the back windows tinted it makes you look like your front windows are always down lol Regardless of that btw, I'm still gonna be getting tinted, probably around 35% or a little lower %, I don't want the difference to be too awkward..

In ontario we can go 35% on the front sides, and only top 4-6 inches i think on the windshield.
That would be awesome, that's all I need and I'd be happy

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
hey, question. how would a rear window tint affect/be affected by the rear window defrost wires?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
bump

·
Registered
717 Posts
no issue with rear window w/defrost, with good tint.
cheap tint possible for bubbles and other issues.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
are there any pics of a dyno blue civics with tints?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
yeah the rear defroster shouldnt give you any problems with your tint.....as long as the shop uses a decent tint like lumar or a ceramic tint.
awesome thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I haven't seen any yet but I will post mine on Sunday when I get it done
thanks man hope it turns out fantastic *crosses fingers*

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
What if its Factory/Dealer installed? I know in MA the tint is 35% but when i had mine done the guy said he does dealer work and installs darker than that for dealerships.

Something at least worth asking about if you want darker without getting busted for it...

1 - 20 of 502 Posts