9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey what's up peep's. Just tinted the rear tails and 3rd brake light today (spray). Left the white white and just did the red. It came out better then I thought it was going to come out. I tinted my brother in-laws but his were older and didn't come out the best. Hides the red faded lens tho. It helped that mine were still new and smooth. What do yous think?

Also can't wait until next weekend when my projectors show up. Doing a retrofit. I'll try to do a timelapsed video of the retrofit, if not at least a detailed DIY with pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great man what did you use?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I want to do it to mine. How long did it take you? And did you follow a tutorial?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks good bro. I did mine too but i have a lx so i dont have the 3rd on the back. I used the same spray and it turned out good.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Looks sick man! did the same with my accord last year :) Don't forget to swap the orange turn signals! Put just plain white LED reverse type ones.. looks 1000000x better :D plusss, no orange reflection :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey man did you take out the lights to spray that on? and did you sand down the lights as well? i want to do it but i don't want to go through the trouble of taking off my lights and everything or sanding it down. I have an overlay on my turn signals right now but i want the VHT nightshade stuff. please get back to me!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Projectors are on backorder. Should be shipped out Friday.
Did you get the all white projectors??

If soo, where can i get some..

You are talking about the front lights right..??

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey man did you take out the lights to spray that on? and did you sand down the lights as well? i want to do it but i don't want to go through the trouble of taking off my lights and everything or sanding it down. I have an overlay on my turn signals right now but i want the VHT nightshade stuff. please get back to me!
Yeah I took the lights out. It's easy. 4 clips on trunk liner pull it back take out lights and then there is 4 8mm bolts easy to get at. I didn't sand them down as you don't need to with this stuff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts