9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice! I was planning on the opposite: lightly tinting everything BUT the clear :)

Reactions: iJan

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like it! I did the opposite and tinted everything but the reverse lights but it definitely looks good!

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
LDub, can you post some pics of your tails tinted? ? ? I was never too interested in this til I had seen a new Maxima with them done. It looked so bad ass. Not sure if the Maximas have a reverse (clear section) but the one I had seen was all dark red.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was actually planning on doing the reverse, but i saw a picture of the tails like i just did mine, and i thought it looked cool.. i might do it the reversed way eventually

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah! I used VHT Nightshade and just sprayed it without taking the lights off the car haha but I've done it twice, once on my first car that I smoked out all the way but you could still see a lot of light, and the second time I just did a nice medium coat because I didn't want it murdered out, haha

First car:

Second car: (it looks dark but it's really not, it looks more of a darker cherry red)

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Thanks for the pics! The second car/ bottom pic looks lighter than the 1st car came out. Maybe cuz it's outside and not inside? ? ? You left the reverse cut-out on both, do you know if the reverse would be noticeable at all with the full light covered? I'm assuming you would be able to see it more if the reverse lights were actually on, but just curious if it looks all one color with an all red covering.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The second car I did a little lighter, I didn't want it all blacked out, and I really think the reverse light cutout works but I have 5% tint on my back windows anyways so I hardly notice the extra light anyways:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts